002. Ribs

Sukuna doesn't understand how humans work. He just knows that they are disgusting animals that should be killed to be eaten once they become useless. Humans have emotions and problems that he doesn't understand, like why feel alone when you can just kidnap a woman? Or, why starve if you can kill another man to steal their food? Such simple solutions to first world problems. Humans were a weird specimen in Sukuna's eyes.

Sukuna had a lot of servants that served him day and night. He handles them as toys that he can replace if they break. He humiliates, assaults and kills them for sport. The servants, unable to defend themselves against the giant threat they serve, can only keep quiet and obey him to survive in the horrible conditions they work in. The weak humans hate him and wish for death to come soon for him. His dreams and hopes for life have been replaced.

Everyone knew you were Sukuna's favorite, but he didn't know yet. He really believes that you are the only servant who can do things right without complaining. He could do whatever he wanted with you, knowing full well that you would do nothing to stop him. You're just a loyal servant, nothing more. He could ask you to sweep the shade of the sun, clean the castle roof or kiss his feet and you would do it without complaint. You were a good servant and he knew it perfectly.

It was another cold night at the dark temple. Like every night, the dining room and kitchen were in chaos. Dinner was being prepared by the various cooks operating the large kitchen. Hot pans, grills on high heat and various smells permeated the tense atmosphere. Uraume paraded between the aisles, making sure everyone was doing their job properly. As head chef, he could allow no margin for error. Especially knowing his majesty's picky palate. They would taste the sweet and sour sauces, the fine cuts of meat and the drinks to make sure no cook wanted to poison his master.

Servants ran around the dining room to get everything ready before the king came down to eat. The long table decorated with a large black tablecloth with elegant embroidery was accompanied by the fine porcelain plates with gold rims. You found yourself placing the last of the silverware in the correct order and perfectly symmetrical as the king likes. As the servants began to feel the heavy footsteps under their feet, they hurried to put the finishing touches on the table and ran to the walls to stand in formation. Their backs pressed against the wall, arms at their sides and always facing forward, avoiding eye contact.

Sukuna entered the room and everybody bowed to him. He paraded through the room and stopped in front of you. Everyone panicked with their eyes since this was the first time he did something like that. While he was inspecting you from head to toe, you felt your heart sink. You didn't know what you had done to deserve his attention. "Did I do something wrong?" you asked yourself while sweating cold. Your legs were trembling, and you were about to pee yourself.

Sukuna looked at you with a mischievous smile. He likes making you nervous and shy. You looked so cute trying so hard not to make eye contact with him. Size wise, you looked petite by his side. He could easily squeeze you to death with one hand, but he rather has you around so you could treat him with nice massages. The reason he stopped with you was because he knew you were a hard worker around his temple, and today, he felt generous enough to reward you.

"Are you hungry?" He asked with his characteristic arrogant tone like he was making fun of you for being a peasant.

"Yes" You answered honestly. You rather be mocked by him and then be killed for not telling the truth. You knew how much he hated lies. Sukuna looked at you, curious at your brave answer.

"How about you eat dinner with me tonight?" He asked before continuing his way to his chair.

Another servant pulled the chair for him so he could sit comfortably, you just nodded obediently and sat on his left side with the help of another servant who was shooting daggers at you with his sight.