014. The Perfect Plan

The gloom of the castle was welcoming. Infusing themselves with the darkness. Walking in a straight line on the crimson carpets in the company of a small candle was Uraume's favorite activity. They had from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. to relax, watch around without the pressure of having the king on their shoulders while being consumed by their own thoughts. They didn't have to think or worry until the sun peeked over the mountains. It was just Uraume marching like a soldier throughout the castle alongside the army of curses that guarded the perimeter like hawks.

Loud, determined footsteps caught their attention, igniting battle mode in their mind. A stowaway had infiltrated the castle without the curses noticing? Uraume quickly ran to find the source of the noise. A wild Yorozu who was out of her room after curfew. She had broken one of the most important rules of the castle. "What the fuck is she doing?" they thought, annoyed.

Uraume was fed up with both sisters. They hated you for being so gentle and fragile to everyone when the king needed someone strong on his side, but it didn't compare to the abhorrence they felt for Yorozu. Uraume had never been so happy to lose a servant before. In the few weeks she was under his charge, she destroyed a set of dishes, stained a collection of tablecloths and turned the entire service staff against her. They tried everything to correct her insolent attitude, but nothing seemed to work. When the king dictated that Yorozu would be his apprentice, they didn't know whether to cry with happiness at having a new sorceress in the castle or worry about the king's choices.

"You know I never go against your will, my king," Uraume said to the king as he reviewed documents on his desk. "But Yorozu is undisciplined, vulgar and dirty, as I mentioned in my reports. Of all the curses that would do anything to be your apprentice, you chose her? This time I don't understand your decision," they asked, confused by his actions.

"I'm not doing it for me," Sukuna confessed before sealing a receipt abruptly, a small maneuver to make Uraume understand that they were going too far with their voice tone. "I'm doing it for her."

"You're fucking lucky you're that one's sister," Uraume thought as Yorozu walked towards them without fear the consequences. It was as if she was casually reuniting with an old friend in the park, she greeted them from afar waving her hand from side to side with a big smile printed on her face.

"Good evening, Uraume," Yorozu greeted enthusiastically.

"You should be in your room. It's already past 10 o'clock," Uraume reminded her.

"I'm just going to look for my sister in the king's room," the brunette explained.

"A year of watching me like a hawk, and you know nothing about me?" For some reason, that comment you had made bothered them quite a bit. You couldn't be so complex to tell them something like that. You were just a simple fragile human like every other lady they ever met. There was nothing special about you or your sister. You were two open books with clear intentions. There was nothing you could hide in front of their nose. "That's impossible. She would never break such a simple rule." Uraume set the candle down on the nearest table to remove their hands from the black cloak that wrapped around their body whenever night came.

"I don't think you understand what happens to humans who go outside curfew," Uraume warned her before placing his palm in front of her.

"Wow, and I thought you liked me," Yorozu scoffed with a confident smile, quickly understanding that a fight would start soon.

"Not a bit," Uraume admitted.

They launched a flurry of sharp stalactites towards Yorozu. Her grinning opponent didn't hesitate to create her beetle armor. The emerald green exoskeleton glowed in golden hues against the torches illuminating the hallway. The stalactites hit Yorozu's armored body, so it only caused her to recoil from the impact. Uraume created two stalactites that served as swords for melee and took advantage of the recoil to run towards her. Quickly, they looked for an open area to fit his improvised weapon. Uraume snapped them in the neck area, but the ice shattered when it came in contact with the hard armor. Yorozu didn't miss the open opportunity to kick her opponent in the abdomen, sending them flying to the other side of the hallway.