17. Bipolar Rian

Music Recommendation: 'One of the Girls' by The Weeknd, JENNIE, Lily Rose-Depp.

Rian walked through the twisted corridors and went straight towards the giant Mahogany door, knocking on the door sharply.

"Come in.", he heard Zagros Peterson's voice from the other side of the door and pushed the door open. Zagros was momentarily surprised to see him but the surprise quickly morphed into glee.

"What is my dear grandson doing here? What did I do to be honored by his presence??", Zagros asked sarcastically. His mouth curled up into a grin, that made Rian to tempted to take a U-turn and prevent himself from getting annoyed to death.

"Smith sent me here.", Rian said shoving his hands inside his pocket in a relaxed way.

"It is Mr. Smith or Professor Smith for you. Learn to give respect, in order to receive in return.", Zagros clicking his tongue in disapproval.

Rian wasn't much bothered with other's approval, or so he thought until he saw the faint look of disapproval pass across Shakti's face when he had beaten the shit out of that Carsen. A weird feeling momentarily resurfaced which was preserved for three people. His mother, his father and Olive.

'How dare you let some girl come in par with Olive? It is your fault that she lost her life, while you survived; your fault that her dreams got snatched away from her which you promised her. None but your fault. You are breathing while he is buried six feet under the soil.', a malicious voice whispered in his voice.

Rian fisted his hand inside his pocket so tightly, that it was a miracle that blood was still flowing in that part of his body, with any breach in circulation. His features tightened while a cold look graced dawned on his face, washing away any emotions that Shakti Bose's presence brought in him earlier.

"I don't want his respect. And I believe that respect is not so cheap that it can be acquired by anyone in random, especially not my respect. Anyway, he sent me here as I have cracked the jaw of a student in the cafeteria.", Rian said, not bothering to look in his direction, instead looking at the beautiful wooden phoenix, that somehow connected to his heart like a living soul. Its flaming hue reminded him of the fire which partly engulfed his body when he held Olive's lifeless body close to his body, in hopes that she might wake up and smile at him with her never-ending innocence.

Zagros's face became all strict, with the humor and mirth vanishing in thin air, to be replaced with a look of sharp look of displeasure. He placed his elbows on the table and placed his chin on the juncture of his two palms. He eyed him with an intense stare which made Rian raise an eyebrow at his hypocrisy.

Rian knew very well that how big of a sadist this man was. Zagros Peterson might wear all those tailored suits and polished shoes to look like the gentleman he tried to portray, it takes on look at his eyes to decipher the dangerous glint of madness in his raven eyes which was transferred to the next two generations. Once, this man used to torture ordinary humans just to satiate his desire for revenge against those for whom his creed had to suffer in isolation and hiding.

"Don't act like violence is a new word in your dictionary. This is a hereditary disease. No reason to blame me.", Rian said cocking an eye-brow at Zagros, whose fake disappointment disappeared to be replaced by an amused glint.

"Are you blaming me for your anger and faults? How convenient.", said Zagros sneering.

"Stop with this act. We both know that enjoy seeing me beat up people. I have no idea why Smith thinks that sending me here to your office will change anything. That man needs a reality check.", Rian said in an unsympathetic voice, cocking his head to a side.