20. Satan's Trouble

Music Recommendation: 'Animals' by Maroon 5.

Shakti followed Jade and Myra to the new beginning of her recently messed life. Not that it was ever perfect. But it could be said that it was relatable or believable by the general public. But the events that unfolded in the last two weeks could equal the cock and bull stories she fed herself during her reading time.

"You look like we are going to sell you overseas to some perverted bastard.", Myra commented. They walked out of the girls' dormitory. Instead of turning toward any of the huge buildings on the campus, Shakti had to follow them toward the forest; for her first special class.

"That is least of my bothers. Even if you do, I will chop off their precious little ones and feed them. My tension is the unknown. I don't know what is coming. And none of you are being fair by keeping me in the dark about the whole thing." Shakti eyes the two with narrowed eyes. Being kept in the dark was one of her most hated things, and triggered bad memories.

Jade raised her hands and said, "Ask this cunning little thing. I wanted to tell you beforehand. But this one here blackmailed me to keep my mouth shut else she would leak my phone number to half the male population around. I could have knocked her off in sleep but I don't want to upset her mother, Aunt Millenia. Besides this one here is a cat with nine lives. Doesn't die easily. So, I saved myself the hassle. I could have choked those boys myself but it's a bother, besides, Rian gets berserk whenever a boy approaches me. Not that I mind. But his interference always ends with the boy getting nightmares about getting thrown off some cliff."

"Stop being a prude and stop dreaming about my death. Both of them will make your already boring life more boring. Besides, I wanted Shakti to enjoy the full intensity of the classes.", Myra said with a huge grin. As much as she was so carefree to be around, presently, all Shakti wanted to do was to knock off all her teeth.

'Can't you keep your violent thoughts to your not-so-innocent mind and not give a full display of craziness in front of your new friends?', Shakti scolded her over-stimulated area of the brain.

"We want you to feel the whole experience first-hand. If we reveal the fun will be half-hearted and in short boring.", Myra added. "It's not we. It's hers truly.", Jade said with a sigh.

"Ignore her sulking and your nervousness and go with the flow.", Myra told Shakti with a wink.

Though Shakti was nervous, to say the least, it was sort of nullified by the sense of her curiosity. She was curious to a fault about things that managed to ignite her interest. Besides, she felt a subconscious comfort knowing that she was surrounded by people like her, who wouldn't laugh at her face or call her a lunatic for sprouting about her uniqueness. Yes, that's the better way to call it.

It was the first time she ever stepped into the Freaky Woods. It was a Friday evening; she usually chilled with headphones on and a novel shoved up her nose. But here she was out in semi-darkness, walking into God knows where. If she didn't know better, she would have thought that these girls were luring her toward the forest to offer a sacrifice to Satan.

The forest had tall trees, with a variety of pure strands and layers of faunas. The place looked both eerie and soothingly beautiful. When the wind whistled through the branches, adding more to the gothic touch. 'The only thing missing was a gothic manor.', Shakti thought.

As if her belief was materialized into reality, she was led to a manor, right somewhere in the forest! She was sure, it was not somewhere too deep because it took them hardly ten minutes to reach the place. the place had white walls with intricate detailing and long windows. Several creepers and climbers grew around the place, suggesting its neglect. But that didn't deter its beauty the least. It still looked so beautiful. Though it looked similar to those witch's manor she saw in the cartoons, it had a distinguished aura of superiority. Despite its unkempt state, it broached its significance.