25. Why so jealous?

Music Recommendation: 'Jealous' by Nick Jonas

Messing with Shakti's focus on her studies, her thoughts took off to an incident that took place almost a week ago, in her last special class.

The sun was already down the horizon, yet a partial light remained in the sky, showcasing the beautiful fusion of light and dark, of twilight. All the students who were Homo potens, gathered outside the manor in the Freaky Woods, chatting among themselves excitedly. The three friends, gossiped among them about the weird assortment of students, who were their peers.

All the students around them were quite fixated on the charming Myra and the mysteriously enchanting Jade. Myra wore a green tank top, which highlighted her beautiful emerald eyes. She paired it with denim shorts and green heels. Her lips were painted red. Shakti admired Myra for her boldness to express herself the way she wanted, without caring about the opinions of others. Jade wore a cherry red skirt and a black top that had bishop sleeves. She styled it with black platform heels. Her lip tint was adorning her plump lips. Myra let her hair down, while Jade tied it in a ponytail.

But today Shakti was attracting some attention as well. Fine, a lot of attention, to be fair. She was rocking a white shirt, tucked in her royal blue pants. Her pale skin was standing out in the outfit. Her pixie was over-growing, giving her an unkemptly alluring look. Besides, she was in a good mood, so she thought of applying some kohl to beautify her eyes. Finally, her glasses, which usually made her stand out like a sore thumb among her friends, were completing her look in a positive way.

Shakti was always confident about her looks, but today she was both oddly pleased and slightly overwhelmed with the number of stares she was getting. Her friends, being her supporters, said that she was looking smashing. But she knew that her friends would call her beautiful even if was wearing a clown's makeup. Three cheers to the two beauties, who stumbled into her life unexpectedly and made it better.

Mr. Smith and Mr. Shane decided to conduct a joint class and train the students to defend themselves against various types of powers. It made the trio happier than they could be as they got an opportunity to spend time together and see the usage of each other's powers.

Though Shakti knew that their powers were quite different than her, as they could manipulate physical forces, while she was restricted to mind, she couldn't help but want to see them use their respective powers. But the culprits were adamant to show their abilities before revealing anything.

Myra was looking out for Mark, who was supposed to be here with his friend. Shakti's eyes instinctively darted toward the giant iron gates, which were wide open, searching for the signs of the friend of Mark. It was purely out of curiosity.

'If you say so...', a devilish voice bounced back from her subconsciousness and hit her straight in the heart, escalating its beats. She quickly looked away, which earned her a funny glance from Jade, the last person she wanted to even guess that she was thinking about Rian Peterson.

Before Shakti blurt something stupid that could have given away her thoughts, she noticed Vanessa entering with her faithful minions. "Don't tell me... she is a Homo potens too?", she asked with a look of skepticism.

"Unfortunately, yes.", Myra said, eyeing Vanessa with a look of distaste, which ran deeper than superficial levels.

"Just ignore her. We are having a good time anyway.", Jade said tearing her gaze away from Vanessa and looking at her friends instead, who had some beef with the object of their topic.

"You are right.", Shakti muttered, glancing one last time at the girl and refocused on the friends' gossiping. She was too engrossed in her talks to notice Cian standing behind her, until he spoke up, "Someone seems too busy to notice her friend."