Brandon Meets Levie

On the way home, Greg remembered he needed to get some things for the dinner he'd planned for them. He quickly called Brandon and told him to go on to the house while he stopped at Kroger.

Thirty-one-year-old Maddox Barksley sat in his truck outside the grocery store and got lost in his thoughts. He spent over a decade in prison and was released a few months ago.

The ex-con accessed a savings account opened before his imprisonment and withdrew some funds to change his name, get plastic surgery, and colored contact lenses. Now that he was back in town, the only thing on his mind was getting revenge on the men responsible for his incarceration by terrorizing and killing Jaycen and Troy Stillman. He was giddy and got turned on by the almost euphoric idea of making one watch as he fucked and sliced into the other one.

Maddox was a dangerous man, and all that time in jail taught him to be methodical, calculating, and patient. He lived for the thrill of the hunt. His mouth salivated over the psychological damage that could be inflicted on the couple by causing various problems and creating dangerous and hopefully life-threatening situations. His three-inch, minuscule, pencil-thin appendage got hard from all the thoughts of having his way with the men, and when he wasn't working, he stalked his chosen targets and learned their habits.

An evil sneer came across the man's face as his dark, hollow eyes zeroed in on the raven-haired kid getting out of his blue/purple Toyota pickup. I wasn't expecting this, what luck, he thought. Despite not being interested in the two younger boys, he still wanted to know their habits and figure out if they'd be helpful in his conquest. He'd already concluded the young redhead Levie would be best as a last resort target. Barksley knew how fiercely protective the two older men were of him. It'd be suicide to go after Levie too soon. However, the dark-haired one dating Levie might be a better first target. He ran his fingers through his blonde hair, left his Nineteen-Eighty-Five, dusty, grey Ford F-150, and followed his quarry into Kroger.

Greg was so preoccupied with Levie moving in for the week that he was oblivious to his surroundings, so he never noticed the blonde man following him in and out of every aisle, even when the guy was close enough to touch. He quickly found the items on his list and waited in line at the self-checkout.

A sudden, unsettling shiver ran through his body when he locked eyes with the man behind him, and he wasn't sure why. There wasn't anything particularly off or seemingly dangerous about this guy. He was a couple of inches shorter than Greg, maybe around Brandon's height, with almost white, blonde hair. His outfit was not the cleanest, but it wasn't dirty either. The red shirt was wrinkled, and the man's blue jeans were stained. He shrugged his shoulders, chalked it up to the unexplained as he checked his items, paid the bill, and left.

Greg loaded the bags into the Tacoma, placed the cart in a corral, got in his truck, and drove home unaware of the dusty F-150 that followed, just a couple of car lengths behind.

Maddox watched his target pull into the parking lot of the townhouse complex, then turned around and got back on the road. He had forty-five minutes to get to his new job.

The Ford sped down the highway and screeched tires as it barreled onto the exit ramp. He hardly stopped and almost sideswiped another car as he turned left at the stop sign. He turned right and followed the long gravel drive to the ranch's parking area, where he skidded to stop throwing gravel everywhere and jumped out of the truck.

"Hey Maddox, slow down next time, huh?" The foreman extended his hand to shake Barksley's.

"Sorry, boss, I thought I was gonna be late and freaked."

Maddox hid the disgust in his voice because he had to play the good boy until he was ready to strike.

"That's fine, just don't come barreling in next time it's too easy to lose control of your vehicle."