Chapter 7

Mr. Kim and you went into the cafeteria, grabbing some coffee, before sitting down together. You were still shook about what happened just now. It was your own fault trusting a stranger to the point were you were vulnerable. Still, you couldn't believe he did that. But what were you expecting from an ex mafia.
"Looks like your friend isn't your friend." Mr. Kim said, sipping his coffee.
You laughed. "Seems like it."
"Did you know about the gold?"
You shook your head. "Both of them never said something about gold." You looked at him. "Did you know about it?"
Mr. Kim nodded. "I do. The Jeon family has been one of the largest families in southern Korea. They had thousands hectares of land there. Underneath; gold. Not less. Your father hired Wonwoo back then so he tells him where to find the gold Wonwoo's father hide before he died. But he never told him, he said he doesn't know either. But seems like he does."

You nodded, sipping on your coffee. "Are you interested too?"
"At the gold?"
"Yeah."
He nodded. "Of course I am. Everyone is interested in gold. But It's not as important to me, than your dad. He would do anything to get the gold into his hands."
You laughed. "Tell me something new."
"So what is your plan now since your friend, who is not your friend, dumped you?"
You sighed. "I don't know. What was your plan?"
Mr. Kim looked at you. "We have a deal going on in a week in Busan. Our business is... going overseas. I planned to kill them there with Wonwoos help."
You nodded. "Can't you do it yourself?"
He shook his head. "I'm pretty sure your father is observing every of my steps and my men too. He wouldn't expect Wonwoo to show up there."

"So what do we do now?"
"You kill him."
You choked on your coffee. After coughing a few seconds, you breathed in a few times. "What?"
"You kill him. You kill your father."
"How? I'm not a killer. I am a doctor, I help people not to die."
"He wouldn't expect it from you either."
"If I do this, I wouldn't be better than him."
He shrugged his shoulders. "It's your decision."
"What is this dumb game? Now that Wonwoo isn't on my side anymore, or better said never was, my decisions are useless either way. Doesn't matter if he is dead anymore or not - Is till have to marry you anyway."
"You are a free woman then. You can do whatever you want."
You laughed. "As you let me walk away then."
"Maybe. Or maybe you will see what good of a man I am."
You sighed, sipping your coffee.

After you finished your coffee, you left your father's office building. Mr. Kim decided to talk to him, once he was done with Wonwoo. You didn't wanted to meet him, so you decided to drive home. Getting there, you noticed Hajun and another man sitting in a car, a few meters away from your house.
Hajun smiled and waved once he saw you going into your house, but you tried to ignore him. Once you got in, you stared at the wall for like 5 minutes, before starting to cry.
How can something happen so quickly? You just wanted to help an injured man and now he backstabbed you to save his own ass and you're getting married off to Koreas most wanted man. Great, y/n. You did it.
You went into your room and changed your clothes. Sitting on your bed, you tried to make up a plan to escape this bullshit. You had everything in mind from moving overseas to actually doing what Mr. Kim said - killing your father.
And the last option was getting more interesting time by time.

It's been a week since you last heard from your father or Wonwoo. Hajun and his men were watching your house day and night. They followed you anywhere, work or grocery shopping - doesn't matter. Mr. Kim texted you the address of the location from the deal that was happening in Busan. You didn't even asked where he got your number from.
The day of the deal was tomorrow.
You thought about what to do the whole week. You couldn't probably concentrate at work.
You waited till night, before you sneaked out at your house from the back door, so Hajun wouldn't notice you. You run a few streets, before getting a taxi. The taxi brought you to the next strain station, where you bought a ticket to Busan. Waiting for your train, Mr. Kim called you out of nowhere.
You answered the phone. "Yes?"
"Where are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"I know you sneaked out."
You looked around. No Mr. Kim in sight. "How?"
"I was looking out for you the last week."