Prologue

Desperate situations require desperate solutions and desperate is another word for dangerous.

Thistle kingdom is torn apart into two nations, the kingdom of Good and the kingdom of Evil. Philip ruled the kingdom of Good with Hannah as his queen and they protected the orb together. Very soon, Hannah was pregnant and on her labor day, she had a baby boy with dark hair and brown eyes under the noon sun. But the baby did not cry.

"Your Highness, Her Majesty calls for you, the baby is not crying", the maid was fidgeting with her fingers, worriedly.

"Lead the way", Philip followed the maid to the labor room. He could see his beloved wife crying and beside her, was a tiny baby wrapped in swaddles of clothing, if it weren't for the tiny movement of the baby's chest, you'd think it was  dead.

"Philip! Do something, i can't lose this baby, don't let him die, he...he..he's not crying", she sobbed and Philip felt heartbroken seeing his wife in such a state.

"We will find something to do about it my love", Philip was trying hard not to break into tears. The midwife was looking at them sadly.

"In a few minutes, Your Highness, the baby is going to die and we have to do something fast, I have tried using my healing powers but whatever is wrong with the baby is more than that", the midwife was also worried.

"The orb", the queen whispered as though she had suddenly had an intuition and she pulled her husband tighter. "The orb, it can save him, it must save him, I would not let my son die, Philip. Don't do this to me. Please, save him", Hannah pleaded and Philip heaved a sigh.

"Fine, I'll try", said Philip and he summoned the maid in the room. "Call the royal sorcerer".

"Right away, Your Majesty", the maid curtsied and left. Philip picked up the tiny body of his first beloved son who was about to die, but he would save him, he would not let him die. The royal sorcerer, Gladiolus was his best friend and he had been one of those who ran away with him from his brother's kingdom.

"What is it, Your Majesty", Gladiolus swept the whole scene with his eyes. 

"My son, Gladiolus, I need your help to save my son", Philip moved out with the baby swaddled in his arms, its heartbeats getting slower and slower and Gladiolus at his heels. They came to a secluded garden where the noon sunshine was and the orb sat still on a water fountain.

 They came to a secluded garden where the noon sunshine was and the orb sat still on a water fountain

He laid the baby in the water fountain directly under the sunshine. Gladiolus took a deep breath and began to whisper spells to tap the power of the orb, slowly, the orb began to glow and the spells became faster and frantic while Philip was worried to death about his son. At once, the garden was enveloped in a golden light too bright and Philip shielded his eyes away from the light. After a few moments, the light disappeared and in the fountain was a baby crying.

"Thank god", Philip carried his baby, the baby was crying frantically but there was a change in the child, his hair was now golden and his eyes were like pools of gold. "What happened to him, Gladiolus", Philip was a bit worried.

"He has been touched by the spirit of the sun, a part of the sun lives inside him, what shall you name him", Gladiolus smiled. 

"Sun, I shall name him Sun".

Melissa looked at the tiny baby in her arms that was quiet, witches' babies are not always quiet. What is wrong with her own baby? Sullivan barged into the room with the midwife.

"WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!", he roared.

"The princess...the...thh...the princess is not crying", The midwife pointed at her baby girl , shaking with fear. She was so pathetic!

"I don't care if you are angry or not, Sullivan, do something to save my baby NOW. i f my baby girl dies then everyone in this island dies", Melissa swept down from the bed angrily. 

"Call me Anita, midwife", Melissa snarled and the midwife jumped out of the room.

"Where are you going, my love, it's midnight", Sullivan tried to stop Melissa from going out thinking she was weak from the childbirth but Melissa had faced worse before.

"And that is exactly what I need, Sullivan, I need midnight to save my daughter", Melissa took the tiny baby from her arms opened the door and came face to face with Anita.

"You summoned me, sister", Anita bowed.

"Yes, Anita, I summoned you, my baby is dying, the only thing that can give me true happiness and I do not want to lose it", Melissa spoke exasperatedly and at once they transformed to giant raven birds and they flew away to the back of the kingdom where the full midnight moon was reflected on the water fountain. They transformed back.

Melissa placed the baby into the fountain gently

Melissa placed the baby into the fountain gently. "It is time, sister", Melissa pricked her finger and a drop of blood fell on to the baby's head, the moon turned blood red and the two of them started chanting spells, faster and faster and until the whole island was under the power of the blood magic. A silver light blew and enveloped their kingdom, Melissa closed her eyes happily.

When the light had gone down, Melissa could hear a baby crying. "Is that you my beautiful daughter?", Melissa carried her up and she could hear Anita gasp, similar to her won reaction. "I believe she has been touched by the moon spirit", her daughter's black pangs were now silver and when the baby opened her eyes while crying, she could catch a glint of silver in the baby's eyes.

Melissa cleared the blood from her baby's forehead. "This is a very good thing, sister, very, very good, my daughter would be able to control moon spirit, she would be connected the night and she will sap her powers from darkness, she would be the strongest witch anyone has ever seen", Melissa chuckled, this was so perfect.

"But sister, what will you name her?", Anita asked. Melissa buried the baby within her chest, resting her chin on its hair which smelled like lavenders and she felt calm in a way she had never been in years, she thought she was going to lose her baby.

"Moon, Moon, I will name her Moon"