14 Deal

TW: The photos

TW: The photos.

[Candy Shop - The Dan Band]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The wedding song plays as a flower girl walks down the aisle. I sit in the front row, beside Tracy's mom. Phil, Stu and Alan stand on the groom's side, next to Doug who looks nervously at the aisle, waiting for Tracy. I look up at him, smiling encouragingly and then my eyes travel over to Phil, who looks hot. He smiles at me, mouthing 'you look beautiful'.

"Sorry, I'm late," Doug whispers to Tracy's dad, who gives her hand away in marriage.

"Vegas." He chuckles, taking his seat beside his wife.

"We are gathered here today because of the strength of love and of promises kept." The minister speaks.

🥂🥂🥂

I watch from the bar as Doug and Tracy dance together, the band singing a weirdly seductive version of 'Candy Shop'. I block it out, watching Doug and his wife, both with big smiles on their faces. I've never really gotten along with Tracy, us being polar opposites, but seeing how happy she makes Doug brings a weird and warm feeling inside me. He's my brother and he's finally found the love of his life.

Someone taps my shoulder, making me turn around and see Phil, his hands in his pockets and a wide smile on his face. He grabs my drink, downing the rest of it before smugly looking at me.

"Do you remember that favour you have for me?"

"Now?" I raise my eyebrows. "We're at a wedding."

"I want a little entertainment." He grabs my waist.

"Looks like that's already dealt with." I nod my head in the other direction. "This will be entertaining."

Melissa walks up to Stu, who stands at a table with Alan, both of them laughing and drinking together. "Stu? You avoiding me?"

"Hey. Melissa." He smiles at her.

"Oh, my God." She gasps. "What happened to your tooth?"

"Have you met Alan? Tracy's brother. Brother of the..." Melissa forces his mouth open. "Okay. Ow."

"That is disgusting." She recoils back. "Why haven't you returned my calls?"

"Well, there was a snafu when we stopped..."

"I called that bed and breakfast in Napa." She puts her hands on her hips. "They said they had no record of you even checking in."

"That's because we didn't go to Napa."

"He's fucking doing it!" I cheer.

"Stu. What the fuck is going on?" Melissa shouts, very much aware of the children around.