𝟏𝟎 king t'chaka, i see ya

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡.
❛ King T'Chaka, I See Ya
(Just as Soon as I Die)

ㅤWhen we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain, good and evil, a saviour and a lost cause, but what if the real difference is just who's telling the story? The idea is simple but striking: everyone is the hero of thei...

ㅤWhen we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain, good and evil, a saviour and a lost cause, but what if the real difference is just who's telling the story? The idea is simple but striking: everyone is the hero of their own story, and everyone can be a villain in someone else's. The concept calls into question the very notion of a "perfect hero", and emphasizes the inherent subjectivity of good and evil. Who is to say if a villain is just a misunderstood hero, a lost cause just someone waiting for a chance, and a hero just another villain in a different tale?

Sam and Ella sat in the front row inside the church where Peggy Carter's funeral was taking place. No one dared to say a single word. A black and white picture of the woman was framed in gold and placed next to the altar along with a wreath of white flowers and some in a light shade of pink.

The church was in complete silence until the voice of the choir began to sing. At that moment, everyone present stood up and the main door was opened. Steve, accompanied by other men, entered carrying the coffin on their shoulders. His eyes were slightly red and he looked even more devastated.

Once the coffin was placed where it belonged, the men returned to their places. Steve sat in the vacant seat next to Ella, which drew her attention to him. She felt like she should be there for him just like he had always been there for her, but the truth was that she wasn't a person who handled funerals very well, and yet, there she was.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." The priest started, and then a blonde woman walked up the altar steps. Ella watched Sam's expression change upon noticing her presence and furrowed her eyebrows. He nodded his chin in Sharon's direction and as soon as Steve's gaze landed on her, he seemed to recognize her, as did Sam. They both looked surprised, so Ella deduced that neither of them knew her as Peggy's relative.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She has a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But, it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related. I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage... in a time where no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. She said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move... it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say, 'No... You move'." She spoke, and Steve seemed to have taken her words quite seriously.