𝟎𝟏.

_________________𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

_________________
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

VICTORIA WAS IRRITATED by the tugging of the corset in the maid's hands.

"A little more, Miss," Janet warned constantly, while Victoria's colour changed more and more until it took on a peppery red that made Jill laugh.

"That's enough," Jill warned the maid. "I don't think Victoria can't take it any more."

Jill quickly crossed the room and loosened the corset.

"Thank you," replied Victoria, inhaling deeply.

"Imagine, it didn't take that much and mother has warned you that this season won't be yours if you don't want it to be, so no tightening of the corset."

Victoria smiled happily and stopped when she saw her cousin.

"You look beautiful!" She exclaimed when she saw the other woman's light pink dress matching her perfectly.

"I think it's best to look at yourself in the mirror before you say anything," Jill suggested.

Dragging her feet, Victoria made her way to the large mirror against one of the walls, without much enthusiasm.

Without much thought, she stood in front of her and almost let out an exclamation of shock.

Jill had made a good point, Victoria looked equally beautiful, and the colour of her dress highlighted her skin, especially her hair.

"How did you...," she began, only to be interrupted by the youngest.

"That's how you are, cousin. If you admired your reflection for longer, you'd see that you're perfect."

Victoria couldn't believe it, if her aunt saw her like this she might insist that she take part in the presentation ceremony, which she would flatly refuse, after all, she didn't want to and was preoccupied unravelling who Lady Whistledown was.

"This is all tremendously exaggerated, we're going or we'll be late," she replied, leaving the room in a hurry.

"But Victoria, you look beautiful!"

"And what about Jill?" Asked directly, stopping in the corridor.

"Well, I just think you should love yourself more, you're perfect!"

Victoria shook her shoulders; after all, she had never been very vain, but that didn't matter because most people would say that she was really beautiful.

The two of them walked down the stairs and Jill was triumphant to be taking part in the ceremony. In her mind, it would be a waste for Victoria not to present herself to the queen.

Glinda was waiting for them downstairs, and the expression of delight on her face meant a lot.

"My girls!" She exclaimed, pulling them both into an embrace. "Never in my life have I wished for such pride and yet I feel it right here!"