𝟏𝟓.

__________________
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

ON SEEING HER IMAGE reflected in the mirror, Victoria could hardly believe what was about to happen. She was going to get married.

All her life, she had seen marriage and planned one, only for Jill. However, things had changed a lot since then.

She didn't care about the dresses, the ceremony or even the food, but she did care that she would be living with someone she truly loved. It was a strange feeling, but inviting because not for a second had Victoria thought about giving up.

She had chosen a simple but unique dress because she was going to wear blue. It didn't matter what—already buried in her heart—Lady Whistledown would say in her brochures or what the biggest gossips in all of London would think.

All that mattered was that it was her dress, wearing her favourite colour, on perhaps her favourite day.

Somehow, something was happening, just like at Jill's wedding. So, the sky was blue but not sunny and the weather was mild, it was crazy, but it was exactly the way Victoria liked the atmosphere.

"It couldn't be better," she muttered to herself.

"I agree," said Benedict behind her, startling Victoria.

"Benedict! You shouldn't be here!" Victoria scolded him, wiping her hand across her forehead.

"Why not? Because of bad luck?" He asked with a sly smile.

Victoria put on an ugly expression pretending to be really angry.

"It's like like it's bad luck. I don't believe in that nonsense, but Jill, aunt Glinda does and your mother probably does too," she explained, relaxing. "Then get out now!"

Benedict laughed in amusement at the situation and wrapped his arms around her waist, making her smile.

"By the way, you look marvellous," he said simply, causing Victoria to blush and throw his hands away.

Victoria thought that perhaps that was what she liked most about Benedict. His ability to make her lose control, no matter how safe and calm she was. He was giving her a new outlook on the future, and as much as she didn't know it, she was giving him one too.

The girl waited a few more seconds, still thinking, until Jill entered the room to give her her wedding present too.

"Oh, Victoria, you look beautiful!" Exclaimed Jill in amazement

"Thank you, Jill" Victoria thanked her.

"To cut to the chase, I want to give you your present."

Victoria pretended to be surprised, her eyes widening, but she knew the present wouldn't be anything original.

"I hope you don't mind what I've chosen, because I'm not at all creative," said Jill apologetically and handed the other the box she was carrying.

With curiosity, the older girl held the medium-sized box tightly, untied the bow and there it was: a tiara to wear to social events.