Chapter 2: Rookies and stuff

We cut on top of Red base where we see Y/N, Matthew, Simmons, and Grif talking about something while a soldier in red armor comes up behind them.

Simmons: (looks at Grif) Hey, that's not exactly what happened.

Y/N: I have to agree with Simmons on this one, Grif.

Matthew: Seconded it.

Grif: But he said, "I'm not going to the Vegas quadrant," and then next thing I know you're in an escape pod headed for-

???: Excuse me, uh, sirs.

Grif, Y/N, Matthew, and Simmons then turned around to see the soldier behind them

Grif: Sirs? Ah crap.

???: I was told to report to Blood Gulch Outpost Number One and Speak to whoever's in charge?

Grif: Sorry man, Sarge is at command getting orders. Ain't nobody in charge today.

Matthew: Bullshit, Private. Did you forget that I'm your fucking Corporal?

Grif: Shit...

Simmons: He also told Matthew and me that, if we had any trouble with you we should (intimidates a terrible Sarge impression) "Git in the Warthog, and crush yer head like a tomato-can".

Grif: That was the worst impression I ever heard.

Matthew: No he's not the worst, he's the most terrible we've ever heard.

Y/N: (looks at the soldier) Okay, what's your name rookie?

Donut: Private Donut reporting for duty, sir. I'm ready to fight some aliens.

Grif: A couple of things here, rookie. First off, Private Donut? I think somebody needs a new nickname. Secondly, what's with the armor color?

Donut: This is the standard-issue red.

Grif: Yeah, I know. Listen. Only two kinds of people wear standard-issue armor: Oficers and recruits. And since you're not threatening to gut me like a fish, you're probably not an officer.

Matthew: You guys are assholes, you know that. Because there is no designation for who wears which color for the same armor.

Donut: Well (points to Y/N, Matthew, and Simmons) they're wearing red armor.

Simmons: No, my armor is maroon.

Y/N: And mine is black with the red shoulder pads. And Matthew's... actually I have no idea what color his armor has.

Matthew: Dumbass, my armor plates are steel-silver, a black helmet and a brown trench coat on top of it. Open your eyes, Goddammit.

Y/N: Shut up! (looks at Donut) Your armor is the standard red