|Wintertime|Brahms Heelshire

A chill in the air, mosquitoes and flies dying out, and less sunlight. What do these signal? The start of winter, that's what. And this winter would be your first inside the Heelshire manor.

You blew warm air into your shaking hands, hoping to warm them. Even with your gloves, it was still freezing.

"Damn you, stupid wind." You muttered under your breath as you picked up an ax laying against a tree stump. You fixed the chunk of wood atop the stump before raising the ax and bringing it down.

Crack!

The wood split in half, each piece falling backwards and tumbling off the stump. You replaced it with another stubby log. The repeating cracks of the wood filled the air. Soon, your arms were worn out and the wood on the ground was enough to fill your wheelbarrow. You stacked the wood on top of each other and wheeled it to the back of the manor. You restocked the firewood, grabbing two pieces and bringing them inside. You walked inside the manor and to the living room, placing the wood in the fireplace. It wasn't snowing outside so the wood was thankfully dry. You grabbed a matchbox sitting on the mantle and pushed it open to reveal a few matches left.

You swiped the match against the box, causing the flicker of a flame to lick the match's end. You threw the light into the fireplace, closing the box and placing it back on the mantle. You pulled off your gloves and turned around. You let out a small scream as blood rushed to your face.

"Brahms! Jesus, give me a warning next time!" You placed a hand on your chest, feeling the beating of your heart, as you looked at the man. He was sitting in an armchair with his head tilted to the side.

"Sorry, Y/n." His childish voice spoke. You dismissively waved your hand.

"It's alright, you don't have to apologize." You gave him a small smile. He stood up and walked towards you. He held your coat collar in one hand and your zipper in his other. He pulled down the zipper. He helped you take your coat off and went to hang it up. You thanked him and followed behind. You pulled off your shoes and bent over to place them close to the door. When you stood up, you turned your head to see Brahms staring at you. "Is something wrong?" You asked. He shook his head and put his hands on your face.

"You're really cold." He pointed out. He then grabbed your hands in his and rubbed them.

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it was below freezing outside." You shivered. "And it's too cold in here." You mumbled. Brahms turned and walked away. "I'm going to make dinner!" You called after him. You walked to the kitchen and began preparing supper.

You plated the newly cooked food and turned to the table. You placed a plate on the table and walked out of the room, back to the living room.

"Your food is on the dining table!" You yelled out, hoping the other man would hear you. Laying on the arm of the chair was a thick blanket. You smiled as you sat down. You rested the blanket on your lap and ate your dinner. Afterwards, you sat for a few minutes. The warmth, crackles of the fire, and the coziness of the chair and blanket sped up your drowsiness. Your eyelids became heavy. You sighed, set your empty plate on the ground beside the chair, and pulled the blanket up around your shoulders. However, you weren't able to slip into your wanted rest. You sat still with your eyes closed, waiting to fall asleep. You felt large arms wrap around your figure before you were picked up.

You were far too tired to open your eyes, so you simply let the man carry you away. The stairs creaked as you were carried up them and down the hall. The man stopped and set you down. The blanket of your bed met your back, happily accepting your body into its grasp. You sighed and settled into the warmth. The lights were flicked off and it was quiet for mere seconds before the creaks of the floorboards cut through the air. The other side of the bed dipped, telling you of your company. Arms wrapped around you and pulled you towards the body they were attached to. You thrusted the blanket over your body around the other man's.

"Did your dinner taste alright?" You asked, your voice holding a slightly groggy tone.

"Um, yes." His grip on your body loosened. "I didn't think you were awake." You chuckled.

"Not fully." You yawned and pushed yourself against the other man's body. You draped an arm over his waist and rested the other in between your chest and his. "Goodnight, Brahms." You leaned closer to him and kissed the forehead of his mask. You smiled, your half-lidded eyes exposing your sleepiness.

"Goodnight, Y/n." With one final yawn, you drifted off into slumber. It was warm and quiet, the perfect sleeping conditions.