Chapter 3: Wow, A Party

I woke up in a hospital bed. A hospital bed? I have never received any kind of care. Why would I just now be receiving any kind of care? I mean, especially since I just beat up Captain America. Uh oh. They must have found out about Tony being my dad.

"Diola James Stark?" A nurse walked in with a clipboard. The way she said Stark made me mad.

"Shit" I mumbled. They found out.

"You're going to be fine. You're just going to need some rest after the injection you received," she smiled and left. I mocked her smile and rolled my eyes.

I was hoping that I would have time alone and not have to talk to anybody. But I'm not that lucky. The same redhead that injected me entered the room right after the nurse left.

"Hey, I'm Natasha Romanoff. And I see you are Diola James Stark," she looked through my folder at the end of my bed and pretended to be surprised by the last part but you could tell she already knew who I was. "You put up a good fight against Cap."

"Yeah. That was before he electrocuted me," I rolled my eyes and sat up. "I would've won that."

"I'm sure," She smiled and took a seat next to my bed. "So, I'm here to ask you a few questions. But first, would you like to ask me any questions? But let's make it quick. I have something I need to attend to," She looked up at me with a smile.

"Uhh, does he know?" I tried my best to not make eye contact.

"Who?" She questioned.

"Tony."

"Not yet. And neither does anyone else. He also said he doesn't want to know why he ruined another person's life until after the party or it will ruin the moment," Natasha responded, mocking Tony.

"Wow, a party? And you didn't invite me?" I scoffed and shook my head sarcastically. She only smiled at me.

"Would you like to tell me why Tony ruined your life?"

"Well, really it was kind of a teamwork type thing because my mother and Tony both gave me away and that's how I got found by Hydra and that's why I'm like this," I faked a smile.

The rest of our "session" was just questions about my powers and what they were doing at Hydra. I told her everything. I felt kind of bad because I knew Pietro and Wanda would never give information but I was so done with it all and just wanted to be left alone. I didn't care what was going to happen to me. I told her all the abilities I had and how I got them. I didn't mention my mother being a godly being. I wanted to keep that for myself.

We had gotten along quite well. We had a short conversation about our pasts and how they related. I don't know why she shared so much with me, but it made me feel a little bit better about it all. I felt like I could relate to someone here even if it was just for a little bit.

She left and told me to get some sleep. Whatever Steve put on my neck really drained me. But I could already feel my powers coming back. I tested them by closing my eyes and looking for someone's mind to explore. I thought Thor would be a good idea. Maybe he would know about my mother. You know, god to goddess.

My mind traveled the building, looking for the mind I could invade. Once I saw Thor, I began for his head. I went through his memories until I found my name. It's when Thor was a kid. He was reading some kind of book with his father.

I walked up to the two of them. I picked the book up. The memory froze, as I interfered with it. There was a drawing inside. It looked like... me? Kind of. Blue powers filled the air around her, as horns grew out of her head. A sinister look with such evil covered her face. I slammed the book, hoping it was not me drawn into those pages. There was a loud bang, taking me out of Thor's memory.