Chapter 9: What the Hell

"I'll take Natasha and Clint," Steve announced.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony said.

"Take Dj," Steve ordered.

"What?!" I complained. "I thought you said you "could use my powers and strength"," I put my hands on my hips.

"We could also use your intelligence. That's why you're going to help Stark," Steve told me. I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted. "Listen, if Ultron is really building a body..."

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot," Tony finished his sentence.

"You know I really miss the days where the weirdest thing science ever created was me," Steve said.

"See, that's why you need me to help, cheat," I mumbled.

"The last time you were in a fight, you gave up, and quit calling me cheat," Steve looked down at me.

"Actually, the first time I gave up was because you cheated, hence the nickname: cheat. But my last fight, you two," I pointed at Tony and Steve. "made me give up. Your fault," I threw up my hands to defend myself.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury broke the small tension.

"She's all yours, apparently," Tony responded.

"What are you going to do?" Steve asked Fury.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope," he replied.

"Cheat, I want to do something dramatic. You know, if I come with you..." I motioned my hands, trying to get him to understand.

"I made my decision, Diola. You are going to the NEXUS with Tony," Steve replied, very annoyed with my persistence.

"Woah. Calm down. Didn't have to use my first name," I threw up my hands. He only rolled his eyes and left the room with Fury.

We stood in awkward silence for a while before Tony began to say something. "Well... you should get ready then."

"Let me just pack my bags. Oh wait, y'all kidnapped me and I don't have stuff to "get ready"," I mocked and left the room. I don't know why I said that. Now I have to spend a whole trip to Oslo having awkward encounters with Tony. Why was I like this?

I was just about ready to bang my head against the wall and cry into my pillow, but I couldn't because I have to go to fucking Oslo. What was I supposed to 'get ready' when I don't have shit? I'm so confused.

A few hours later (a few hours of the occasional glances Tony would make to me and awkward small talk)

We finally made it to the NEXUS Internet Hub in Oslo. I stood around a few World Hub Techs. I had to pretend to be Tony's intern.

Tony stood above a few computer screens. "A hacker who's faster than Ultron? Could be anywhere. And as this is the center of everything, I'm just a guy looking for a needle in the world's biggest haystack," Tony continued hacking the NEXUS to find our ally.

"How do you find it?" The woman next to me asked.

"Pretty simple. You bring a magnet," Tony responded. Tony started playfully singing as he went through anything and everything, hopefully, finding out our ally. "Oh, I'm decrypting nuclear codes even though you don't want me to. Come and get me," I rolled my eyes at this.

Tony glanced over his shoulder at me looking down and shaking my head. "What? You didn't like my song?" He asked, being sarcastic.

"No. I absolutely loved it," I rolled my eyes. "Perfect for this situation," I said, sarcastically.