Chapter 19

"I risked my life to come here in Gamarenth. Tanging gusto ko lang noon ay makarating dito and live my life and look for any work to sustain myself. Nakarating nga ako ng maayos at nakapasok pa sa palasyo. and if not for the sake of the little help that i did to you Lucius in our ventures, I may have died a long ago. I am just an ordinary woman that entered in the palace in the first place. If not because of you who became as my back up, I won't have the privilage to be treated like this instead of being a servant in the palace."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang pagsinok ko. I still remain facing the snow while they remain listening behind me. they know that I don't want them to see me crying.

"Hindi ko namalayan sa sarili ko...that I was being selfish and greedy. Being a respected lady in this palace, to have a strong back up and to be favored by the king. Why do I still desire to have the Crystaline Hall. I already have the life I want. To live freely without worry. Bakit ko pa naisipang magkaroon ng sariling lugar?" natawa ako ng mapait.

"you're not being selfish or greedy. It's just that you want to achieve something to make your life productive after you get the one you want to have before. It's a human nature." Lucius said.

"can't I be contented in my life?" I ask to myself bitterly.

"you don't need to blame yourself, my lady. It's not your entire fault. The King gave you the verbal assurance that he'll grant you the fortress after you're doing a contribution. And that assurance makes you believe that one day, you have that hall. It's not because you're selfish or what. It's just that his words gave you a hope. I don't understand. The King Dion I know before is a man of his words. He won't break what he promised even a simple words he said." nagtatakang saad ni Luna sa huli.

Natahimik ng buong paligid while I am still busy wiping my tears.

"Your lady, it is snowing outside and you need to wear more clothes." Saad ni Amara na kararating lang hawak hawak ang makapal na cloak with furs.

"I don't feel anything. I mean, I don't feel cold. Just go back and bring a warm water and my favorite tea here." utos ko sa kanya.

Sooner or later, she don't need to serve me anymore.

"pero---"

"let me." sinubukan ni Lucius na awatin yung cloak para siya na lang magbibigay sa akin ngunit humigpit don ang hawak ni Amara.

Nagtaka naman kami sa reaction niya.

"U-utos po ng Hari. I-I need to give this to your lady p-personally."

Napatingin ako sa baba ng balcony. I saw the King standing in there. He's wearing the same cloak as what he wants to give me.

Kanina pa ba siya diyan?

Did he saw my helpless look while crying?

Nakatingala pa rin siya sa akin. Ni hindi siya nagbawi ng tingin kahit alam niyang nakita ko siyang nakatingin sa akin.

"utos din ng Hari na kailangan niya ang presensya niyo."

Lumingon ako kay Amara pagkasabi niya yun. pagkatapos ay muli akong tumingin sa baba pero wala na siya.

Napa 'tsk' si Lucius at tumayo saka hinablot ang cloak. Lumapit siya sakin at sinuot iyon.

"you can go first. I'll just need to get my own cloak. It is the start of the winter, it's getting cold and cold each day. you need to wear more clothes from now on."

Tinanggap ko yung pinasuot niya sakin kahit galing sa Hari saka tumango.

The furs is too soft katulad ng kay Luna.