Chapter 16

(Ezra pov)

When I come to, I am no longer secured to the table. Instead, I am lying on the cold hard floor. Not much of an improvement, I think. I slowly sit up, carefully as to not injure myself further.
The door slides open with a whoosh. The Inquisitor stands there.
"I sensed you were awake."
I say nothing. My vision still haunts me. Every detail of it stings me with an agonizing pain.
"What's the matter, boy? Did you have a vision?"
I stay silent. The Inquisitor walks in to stand in front of me.
"They're dead," My heart feels heavy saying this. "You killed them. "
The Inquisitor tosses a long time towards me. I pick it up.
"Kanan's lightsaber." I hold it carefully, tenderly. A single tear slides down my cheek. Then my grief disappears to be replaced by red-hot anger. I ignite the blue blade and charge, ignoring my injuries. I am blocked by a red lightsaber. The Inquisitor and I lock blades, in a stand-off.
"You killed him!" I shout. I push away and strike again, only to be parried. "You killed them all!"
The lightsaber in my hand flies from it and lands in the Inquisitor's palm. "You are the last Jedi, Bridger." My enemy advances on me, as I slowly back away. I back into a wall and find myself trapped. "There is no one left for you.
"They didn't love you. They didn't care about you."
"That's not true," I say.
"They abandoned you. They all abandoned you."
"No."
"They left you here to die."
"No!" I shout. The red and the blue lightsabers criss-cross my neck, pinning me to the wall. I stare at my enemy in fear.
"Let me go," I whimper.
"Why are you here, Ezra?" The Inquisitor asks me.
"Because you took me hostage!" I shout at him. "Because I had no choice! Because I couldn't fight because you killed her!"
He smiles. He got to me. "Crystal?"
"Don't say her name," I growl at him.
"No one is left for you. They are all dead, and they left you to your fate." His words cut deep, wounding me even further. "Your fate as a Sith."