Working Hard For You

It's been three years since I went abroad to study but I did not come back to settle down and look for a job, actually the reason I came back was very simple- I had gotten a feeling that the true love I've been waiting for all my life had come; it was all silly but I still came back and found an excuse for myself, that I was coming back to see my parents- I really haven't seen them in a long while and it is high time I check up on them- this was my silent mantra.

I've been back for a month already and still had two months left before I went back so I decided to go to the market today, everything was going just fine until I went to buy some onions then I slipped and almost fell and, in that process, - just like what you see in romantic movies, the hero saved the damsel in distress - someone caught me, looking up I found myself staring at my heartthrob. To most people he would be described as an average looking guy at most with a pleasant smile and an honest looking face but to me, he was like an angel that came to me, - my true love - I guess that is why it is said that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I didn't need a handsome guy, I needed a guy who filled me with a sense of security and Daniel seemed to be the person who would tick the boxes of my criteria for a man and as I believed he really did so, it was as if those rules were tailor made for him. And at our first meeting - which I am currently still at with my cheeks reddened - I fell in love with him, I mean he just had that heroic appearance that I liked coupled with the situation I was currently in it was like adding wings to a tiger.

I mustered up the courage -just not to make him think I am shameless and clingy which I all am- to ask for his phone number with the excuse of calling him to thank me properly.... and figuring how easily he gave it to me I decided i needed to train him about not giving his number to strangers but for the me right now this was a steal. I asked him out the next they and with my proactiveness we soon started dating, as we had little emotional experience there were challenges, but we got through them. A year later when we came back for our vacation, we got married.

And did I remember to mention that he was an artist(painting) and he just came back to visit his parents. I am happy that I trusted that illusory feeling and I wonder when next I will feel it.