not just an act

Elias

Are you fucking kidding me.

That was my first reaction as I looked at the script. Or a particular scene in the script. It was a sex scene. That would have been fine, as I have filmed a few sex scenes here and there in the past. But that was with women. So tell me why it says here that I have to film a sex scene with a man. And not just any man, but that fucker Ryder Yarrow. 

It was already enough that I had to be in the same cast crew as him, but this! This!? This is too much. It wasn't so much the idea of filming such a scene with a man that disturbed me, though the idea of it did make me uncomfortable, I was a professional after all. But Ryder of all people?! 

I have been in the industry with this cocky fucker since we were 19, and at 24 I have yet to shake him off. Not only does he think he's better than everyone else, but he's also annoying and insufferable. 

What's more is he doesn't seem to have a problem with our scene. If anything he seemed amused. That fucker had the audacity to smirk at my shocked expression. 

But I'm not gonna let him take pleasure in seeing me angry. Plus, I don't wanna be called no homophobe for rejecting the scene. I could possibly even get kicked out of the show. 

So here I am, in set. We're down to 5 minutes before the start of our scene. The crew is getting the cameras ready and setting up the bedroom where we will be "having sex". My hands are getting sweatier by the minute, a product of my nerves. I don't even know why I'm so nervous. Ryder has nothing on me!

Speaking of, Ryder came up behind me, momentarily placing his hand on my hip to whisper in my ear. "I can't wait to take your grumpy ass to bed." Before I can cuss him out he's gone, taking his touch with him. 

I took a moment to calm down, reminding myself that he just wants to get under my skin. And why the fuck did I shiver. 

Before I knew it we were all asked to take our places as the director called for the scene to start and the cameras began recording.   

I sucked up the nerves and put on my act. The scene began with Drew, Ryder's character, confessing his long lasting love for his best friend Stephen, my character. I know, cliche. 

"It kills me to see you with Anna. It kills me to see her touch you, kiss you, hold you. To see her do all the things I wanna do to you." God, I wanna barf. Especially because I know what comes next. He's gonna kiss me. 

He comes close to me, resting his forehead against mine. He cups my face in his hands, making me look up to look into his eyes. I hate that he's taller than me. But more than anything I hate the way his touch makes me so nervous. 

"Can I kiss you? Please." His lips brush against mine and his hands caress my waist as he delivers his line. 

Before I can stop myself I feel my eyes widen and my words get caught in my throat, shocked at the pleasurable tingling sensation I felt on my lips. One second, two and then ten more seconds than the ones I was supposed to wait before replying "yes" as written on the script pass by. 

"Cut!" The director's words cut right through my trance, bringing me back to reality. 

"What the hell was that Baker? You looked scared to death. You're supposed to look like you actually want that kiss."

"S-sorry I... I just felt a um, a cramp. Yes, a cramp." 

"What? Nevermind, let's go again." We all got back into position. "Action!"

Ryder and I went through the scene again, except this time I replied with "yes."

His hands caressed my face before he finally brought his lips down to mine, fully connecting them. Wait finally? What the fu-