Chapter 8 - King

I fell on my bed heavily.

My body ached from the day's lesson. It was worth it but I felt drained.

    "Shall I draw you a bath, my Lord?" Savi asked as he pulled my boots off.

    "Not now Savi."

I turned to my side. Would Ally nurse me if she were by side?

    "You must at least get undressed from those clothes, my Lord."

I shook my head like a child.

    "Allow me to take them off, my Lord."

I shook my head again.

The thought drew me to a possibility in time where Ally would undress me. That teased me in a way I thought only Princess Svannah could.

    "My Lord, staying in those sweaty clothes would give you a bad odor."

    "I know."

Reluctantly, I sat up.

  "Thank you, my Lord."

He took off my clothes quickly. I fell back when he was done but he stopped me.

    "You must bathe, my Lord. Your bath is ready."

I was not up for a debate anymore so I pulled myself to my feet and walked to the warm bath he had prepared.

The water felt lovely against my skin.

Did they allow Ally to take a bath today? Even if they did, it must have been horribly cold.

The thought of that ripped away all the pleasure I held. I wiped myself dry. Savi helped me get dressed and I laid on the bed once again.

The day was tiring, I deserved to rest. When I wake, I will clothe Ally with as much comfort and love as I can.

I closed my eyes.

In the dark, I thought of only her and she filled my dreams.

    "My Lord."

Savi's voice woke me. I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was the dark night.

I sat up immediately.

Savi stood at the foot of my bed, holding a tray of food in his hands.

    "Why did you not wake me up earlier Savi?"

I got up and began to dress myself hastily.

Savi put down the tray to assist me.

    "You were sleeping so peacefully, my Lord. I apologize for my inactions."

I ignored him and began to pull on my coat. Savi intervened to help me.

    "What time is it?" I asked him.

    "The crow has cried out once already." He said.

I clenched my fist.

It was dawn. I made my mate wait for so long.

I had to leave now.

Savi crossed my path before I could leave.

    "Where are you going, my Lord?"

    "To my mate. Do not get in my way."

Savi walked aside with his head lowered.

    "You must eat, my Lord."

I looked back at my meal. Had Ally eaten?

    "Bring it along with an extra serving." I ordered before storming out.