chapter seven

chapter seven - "homecoming"

...

"Your father's dead," Stefan stated into the cellphone, as Grace walked into the room, accompanied by Rebekah.

She found herself stunned as she gaped at the grey body of Mikael sprawled across the floor, a dagger in his heart. Her eyebrows furrowed, a feeling of dread settled in the pit of her stomach. Something wasn't right.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" said Stefan.

"Is that Klaus?" Grace mouthed to Damon, who simply nodded.

Stefan then proceeded to explain the situation to the hybrid on the line.

"It's true," he reassured, "I saw it with my own eyes," before handing the phone to Grace.

"Uncle Nik?" she asked, hesitantly.

"Gracie, sweetheart. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with a dagger?" Klaus asked.

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good," Grace replied, "I miss you. I'm miserable here."

"I'll be home soon, love," Klaus said, "I promise."

"I'll see you then," Grace answered, before hanging up.

"Now - was that easy or what?" Damon chuckled.

"Let's just get this over with," sighed Elena, pulling the dagger from Mikael.

Grace watched in confusion, until all the pieces clicked together in her mind.

"So... you're finally going to do it. You're finally going to kill Klaus," Grace scoffed, before crossing her arms and talking to Rebekah, "And you're helping with this?"

Rebekah looked down shamefully, and swiftly left.

"He killed your grandmother, Grace! And lied about it!" Elena exclaimed, "You're still going to take his side?"

"You don't get it Elena!" Grace cried, "I will always choose him."

"Why? After everything he's done?" she shot back.

"He has done more for me than you will ever understand," Grace told the doppelgänger, as she turned to the doorway.

"Wait!" Damon called after her.

Grace glanced behind her, "Yes?"

"Promise me you won't do anything to ruin this plan," the raven-haired man pleaded.

"Do as you wish. I want no part of it."

...