Prologue: The Calm Of The Snowfall

It's been three months since the events of The Keyblade War occurred, and things have become calm and peace and order has returned to the worlds. Everyone has enjoyed this tranquil peace that they fought so hard to earn, and they've all done their best to make the most of the time they have. Terra and Aqua bought a house to live in together after having gotten married in Radiant Garden, which had been rebuilt and re-colonized after the war. Sora, Donald and Goofy continued journeying through worlds, making sure that everything was in order and that the balance of light and darkness was kept in check. Kairi was looking after the residents of Radiant Garden, helping them to move in to their homes, and the others who had struggled alongside the heroes of light had gone their separate paths. Riku stayed in Radiant Garden though, but he remained as distant as ever, thinking only of how he could get the chance to meet Dawn face to face. He looked onwards to the snowy wilderness that lay beyond Radiant Garden. It was already winter, so the whole city was brimming with a warm and comforting light.

"Hello there Riku. I noticed you were here by yourself, so I decided to keep you company." Kairi said with a warm smile as she approached him. Riku smiled and appreciated the thought, but his mind was focused elsewhere, and he simply nodded and then turned away, looking onwards to the wilderness again. Kairi looked concerned for her friend, and she wanted to see if she could cheer him up, but she wasn't able to think of anything for now. Before she could say anything, Riku went towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I appreciate what your trying to do Kairi, but I need some time alone." With that, he heads out of town and towards the Great Maw. He always went there when something was troubling him, since that was the place that was most peaceful and quiet for him. He didn't mean to leave Kairi hanging like that, but his mind was filled with thoughts of Dawn. Ever since he had battled Dark Orion alongside his friends, he wasn't able to sleep, he wasn't able to do anything much. Something was deeply troubling him, and it wasn't just the fact that he wanted to see Dawn. Something else had him concerned as well.

"I don't know why...but I can't deny the feeling that the battle isn't over just yet...I'm getting a bad feeling that the war has yet to start." Riku says to himself, when suddenly, he senses a presence, and he quickly summons his Keyblade, and he prepares himself to face the mysterious presence. "Wherever you are, show yourself! I'm not the kind of guy that's really into surprises, so you'd better show yourself or I'll have to make you come out from wherever your hiding!" Before he says another word, a cloaked figure stands before him. Riku opens his eyes wide in shock. "No...it can't be...but Xylek's allies were destroyed!" he said to himself. The cloaked figure turned out to be a woman, and she was laughing at Riku's expression. "Wow, I can't believe your face. But you know, you really are as handsome as I thought you'd be. It's a shame you have to be an enemy though, I really don't like to get my hands dirty." Riku growls angrily and then he casts his Dark Firaga spell, but the mysterious woman simply vanishes then appears behind him and pokes his back. "Boo!" Riku furiously jumps back and he glares at the woman. "Enough games, who the hell are you!?"

The woman then crosses her arms and she sighs. "Wow, you are such a killjoy. Couldn't you have played with me at least for a little while?" Riku remained cold and emotionless. "I said, who the hell are you?" The woman simply started to walk away. "Sheesh, remind me not to get you on your bad side. Well, I just wanted to come by and see you, and I did, so we'll catch up again sometime soon okay? Toodles!" Before Riku can chase the woman, she disappears in a portal of darkness, and then silence is felt throughout the Great Maw. Just as Riku thought, something was definitely wrong. Then he noticed that it had started to snow again.

----------------------

A long sought for peace finds itself possibly disrupted, as the arrival of this mysterious woman brings questions to Riku's mind. What will happen next? Will Riku set out to find out the mystery behind this new foe's appearance? And what are the rest of our heroes up to? Find out in Chapter One: "A Wish List For Christmas."