Episode 34

4 years later:

I am dressing Awwal for school and he is still feeling sleepy.

" Awwal usani daru hai" I ruffled his hair. He needs a trim. ( Please stay still)

" Maama mi yidhi mi dhana ha sare" ( I want to sleep at home).

" Remember you have Clubs today, don't you want to climb on doki?" I said smiling through the sleep. I was so exhausted.

" Yay me want to climb doki" He replied.

" Maama, Anty Fauziya put for me Capri sun and I don't like it" Amma came in complaining.

" OK go and ask her nicely if she can change it for you"

I finished with Awwal and today Umaru, our driver, wasn't feeling too well so I'll drop them off.

They went to say bye to their Daddy, who was asleep because he came in late yesterday, as usual.

They came out and I put them in the car as we drove off.

They are in Regent primary school and it's close to the house so it took about 8 minutes to get there.

" Bye babies" I gave them both kisses before walking back to the car.

" Faduma?"

I heard a familiar voice and turned around.

" Mustapha?" I said

" What are you doing here?" He chuckled.

" Dropping my kids" I pointed at them running around with their friend, Jamal.

" You have kids?, wow" He said.

" Yes ofcourse, twins, you fa?"

" Allah ya raya, one, he's there actually, Jamal" He nudged towards the kids.

" La you are Jamal's dad kenan" I smiled.

" Yh"

" Ai jamal and I are best friends, he is always begging me for Awwal and Amma to come over for a sleepover" I laughed at the coincidence.

" Jamal da nachi, Maybe some other time, I have to go, running late for work" He said.

" Alright toh sai anjima, a gaishe da Madam" I said and got into my car.

I drove back home and Ahmad was still not awake so I tidied up my room and the living room.

I've been feeling quite off these past few days, it's just felt different.

I haven't been for a check up in forever but I'm suspecting I'm pregnant. It's not like I don't want it but it's a not so good timing.

Ahmad is going back to his old ways and I'm so tired. I've gotten used to the fact that he sees Afrah almost every night.

I haven't told anyone about and don't plan on doing it yet.

I took a bath and changed into an abaya so I could go to pharmacy to get a pregnancy test.

Ahamd came out wearing a black suit with his briefcase in his other hand as he was on the phone.

He sat down and I brought his breakfast and sat down looking straight ahead.

" Hameedah!" He said and I looked at him confused.

" I've called you twice and you didn't answer" He said.

" Sorry I didn't hear you" I said.

" Where are you going?" He looked at my clothes.

" Pharmacy" I replied.