𝐕𝐈 ─ ⠀𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 && 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ⨾ 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈

𑄽୧
𝖶𝖤𝖫𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖤 𝖳𝖮 𝖱𝖤𝖯𝖴𝖡𝖫𝖨𝖢 CITY,
欢迎来到共和国城市 — 𝐢𝐢

𑄽୧ 𝖶𝖤𝖫𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖤 𝖳𝖮 𝖱𝖤𝖯𝖴𝖡𝖫𝖨𝖢 CITY,欢迎来到共和国城市 — 𝐢𝐢

”𝙆𝙊𝙍𝙍𝘼?”

junji couldn't say he was surprised to see the little avatar hunched over as she carried the bag of fresh fish he had caught this morning to who knows where. these past few days he had noticed her sneaking off, taking leftoverd and hourd later looking disheveled and tired.

at first, junji thought korra was training by herself, trying to prove she didn't need anyone doting on her, but it was clear that wasn't the case. and with korra and how soft hearted she was when it came to animals—that soft heartedness disappeared as soon as there was left over stew at supper time though—it was probably the most rational to conclude that she had found a wounded creature.

probably an abandoned penguin who lost its way during the storm they had last night, he thinks to himself and had let out a sigh. even if he did reprimand korra for not telling anyone where she was going, it would go in one ear and out the other with this one. when they come back, he would be sure to let ms katara know where they were and why.

and finding out the why in question is what junji was determined to do. “here, i'll help you.” it took some fighting to wriggle the bag out of korra's hands until finally the two of them held on each end of the worn bag and trekked through the snow. it was a long walk, and he was nearly out of breath when korra rushed forward, dropping her side of the bag.

picking up the fish that had fallen out, junji's eyes widened at the sight of two polar bear pups in a small cave that shielded them from the howling wind that was starting to pick up. one seemed perfectly healthy despite being smaller than the other, must have not been eating enough. he took an interest in the smaller one, unsure of why.

“you… aren't mad?” korra meekly asked, already sat in the snow with her arms around the other pup that had bandages poorly wrapped around its leg. she wouldn't have been upset if junji yelled, telling her how dangerous this was, how she could have been attacked by the pups mother, and everything else that could have gone wrong each time she came out here. “they needed my help, i—”