Chapter 34: The Party

Chapter 34: THE PARTY

Leonie Waldorf

Ian has been watching every 90s romcom there is to exist

Ian has been watching every 90s romcom there is to exist. I can tell because he pulled the oldest 90s heartthrob move in the play book. He showed up around ten at night blasting "Ma Belle Evangeline '' on a speaker.

He stood playing the song, not stopping for a second even when my neighbors started to yell at him for disturbing their peaceful night.

It was clear he was still on the mission to win me back.

It was clear I was on a mission to avoid him.

I'm doing this for his own good. Why can't he understand that?

Now that break was over and students were going back to eating Roman noodles for dinner and partying all night I was certain it was going to be hard to resist Ian. Even if I tried every way possible.

Transfering schools isn't an option and running away the second he turns the corner isn't the best option either since he'd probably catch up to me. I've been practicing what I'm going to say. A "hello" is a good start then maybe a "how are you" to show I'm a mature adult who has gotten past the post breakup cry faze.

That would be a lie. I haven't stopped crying.

I asked Ivy for advice but as a Ian fan she's no help. She landed from Italy the next morning after Ian's try at getting me back. To no one's surprise Ivy's been insisting that I take Ian back. Even now as we get ready to meet Caleb and Tessa for brunch she's ranting.

"Your love is straight out of a fairy tale. You're the talented, intelligent, and fashionable princess while Ian's the rich, sporty, and a little possessive, that part we chose to ignore of course, Prince" Ivy explains. "It's a perfect match."

"You know what's also a perfect match? Food and my belly."

"That's why you should get back with Ian. He's like a lifetime free meal coupon because of his bank account."

"Remind me to cancel your Netflix subscription. I keep telling you you're not one of the matchmakers on those icky romance reality shows " I huffed.

Today wasn't going to be the day I got over Ian James.