Chapter Thirteen

Undilia's request was unusual and one I didn't see coming, I guess the more you get to know about the shitty government the less erratic everything feels. Who knew banning live music would also stop the production of Cupids? I had to ask about that cause there was music at Mave's celebration but apparently, it didn't follow the natural melody of the world.

I stand in the made-up practice chamber Undilia had made, she sits with me as I play. It was tedious, to say the least, following the music in the air. I had to learn a tune that was never made for me to hear, for me to perform. On top of relearning an instrument I haven't played in years, I thought I couldn't play but being here the notes have flowed back into my hands.

"That was basically perfect." She claps when I finish.

"Thank you, you've taken well to your position." I joke, from all the advice and critiques she's given me you think she never stopped ruling. I take her in, her skin bounces off different colors when you look at her, and her eyes are white, unlike the black ones other fae have. The tree dresses her in white, and she has cut her matted hair.

"I've never really stopped working on my plans to destroy the world and you think I'm bad," she cocks her head, "the tree has been nagging me ever since I came back." the lights go off in the room, "I wouldn't want it any other way though." She yells and the lights turn back on, she laughs at the tree's antics before turning back to me, "Anyway, I think we're ready to do this." She gets up and we head to the magic room as she calls it.

I had asked Undilia why she couldn't get anyone else to do this. I didn't understand why it had to be me. Why did it have to be me for anything? She said the tree requested me but for herself well she didn't really have a good answer-

"Okay, I'm all set up here." She sits in the middle of the room, surrounded by roots.

-she had said something along the lines of I just looked a lot like her. I was loved like her and hurt like her. When it came to the music well after everything no one would do it best.

I hold the violin covered in finished painted flowers as I stand behind her, I listen to the music the world plays before me and begin to play with everything I have. Feelings surge inside of me, ones that are all mine. I feel hurt and crossed, I feel misery and crushing loneliness, but the most I feel in all of this is love. I can imagine myself playing on a stage, my parents in the front row clapping when they should be silent but all I can do is smile because I feel them here. I feel the soft touches of someone else and almost blush when I think of who makes me feel this.

I look at Undilia who glows, the tree branches around her as one big hug, I can see her smile as the tree branches start to cover her. She laughs as if it tickles, her eyes open and they swirl pink and white.

I keep my eyes open to look at the pink flowers that bloom around us from the branches, they come together mushing themselves into multiple big flowers. The big flowers bloom, and babies appear in them cooing to the air. I stop when the air itself kisses me and I'm brought back to the moment I'm in. The tree branches retreat instead presenting the five babies it created to us. Undilia picks up the one closest to her, looking it over.

"Oh you are just perfect, Eros is going to just spoil you all." She says excitedly as she wraps them all up. Their normal-sized babies, are chubby and happy but she holds them easily.

They float behind her as I follow, we teleport without falling this time and end up at a large wood cabin nestled in the middle of the forest. You'd miss it if you looked away. She kicks at the door when Eros opens it frowning before looking at the babies behind her.

"You kept your word." She takes one from the air and it grabs her hair tugging it hard but she still smiles down. "My siblings are back home."

"Sorry I couldn't bring them back as adults but you were the oldest anyway so I didn't think you'd mind." she shrugs getting them all inside.