Chapter 1

"The happiest moments in our life can solely revolve around one person." 

Mingyu P.O.V

I spent the rest of the practice confused out of my mind. Everyone stared at me the entire time. I didn't blame them. I was sure there was something wrong with me too. At some point Seungcheol had me sit down. I didn't argue. Even at that time, he was terrified when angry. I could only imagine how much worse it would have gotten if he lived longer. There was a reason why the company had wanted to make him a leader. The presence was there and it was a dominant one too. I'd forgotten how in sync we were then. God, I missed them.

"Mingyu, how are you feeling?" I looked up to see Jeonghan. He smiled down at me. It was a kind smile. I'd forgotten how safe I felt around him.

"I'm not really sure how to answer that." He sat down beside me.

"Why is that?"

"Well, because I don't know, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to explain it to you nor would you believe me." He hummed.

"I see. Well, if you want to talk about it, you know we're all here for you." I smiled.

"I know. Thank you, Hyung."

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I nodded.

"Are you worried about us for any reason? You seem to be paying a lot more attention than usual." I wanted to tell him the truth but it was impossible until I knew the truth myself.

"Nope, just zoning out."

"Hey guys." Minjae. I turned to the door and saw him. It was weird to see him as a kid again. He hadn't gotten hurt then, so he was still a trainee. I smiled before standing up and going to see him. I had to remind myself that we weren't close at that time before I hugged him.

"Minjae Hyung." He raised a brow.

"When did you start calling me Hyung?" I shrugged. Was I really that big of an asshole then?

"Do you mind?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Not at all. I was just coming to check on you guys."

"Come on in. We're about to finish." Jeonghan's words were sweet. Back then he had a little crush on Minjae. I never did tell him though. It was pointless. Minjae nodded and walked through the door. I couldn't help but pay attention to the way he walked. He was limping. I frowned. Why hadn't I noticed then? Maybe he'd become an idol if I had. Minjae talked with us for a bit before heading out. It wasn't long after that that we went home too. I let out a long sigh as we pulled in front of the dorm building. I'd promised myself that I would never return there again but I guess I didn't have a choice. I was in a time before anything happened. I took another glimpse before stepping out of the car. DK was beside me with a smile on his face.

"I bet you're glad to be home." I nodded. The smile was fake but it lightened the mood. If I remember correctly, it was around that time that DK had begun to fall in love with Joshua. I thought it was adorable but DK was scared. He was terrified of even touching him. It hurt to watch because Joshua didn't know anything. He just thought his best friend felt disgusted by him. I sighed and turned to them. I couldn't save them from dying but could change the events before they happened. Maybe that would set off the butterfly effect. Maybe, I would save them without even realizing it.

"DK, can we talk for a bit before we go back in?" He raised a brow before nodding. Everyone had already left to go back inside. I nodded toward the park. He smiled before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We walked toward the park in silence. It felt different to walk past people and not recognize me.