Chapter One: Jasper, Nevada

The sky shimmered and shined, like a giant rainbow had blanketed the sky and stretched out over the land. It was early morning, but the night stars continued to shine. Despite the lightness of the dawning sky, the stars were so bright and clear like distant diamonds sparkling in the morning sky. While the faint outline of the moon was in a pale circle of silver, glowing faintly in the dawning sky. As the sun started to rise, it had caught the colors of a blazing, aflame ember as it rise in the east.
Birds started singing their morning songs as the sun had started to rise to from the mountains and the faint silver of the moon could hardly be seen in the morning sky. As the sun had started to rise from the golden and blue sky, the people of the town had started to awakening and getting ready to start their day. The adults had started heading towards nearby markets or started heading towards their work. The teenagers had started working their morning jobs or meeting up with each other in their favorite hangout spots. While the kids had started helping their parents, playing with their older siblings or playing with their pets.
The landscape had changed dramatically. The city was long gone behind a young teenage girl. The bus had went its way through a mountain pass. The girl looked around with wary curiosity, but all she saw were spikey green cacti with pink and yellow blossoms scattered along a dusty, sprawling landscape. The towering mesas have casted shadows that stretched across the sandy desert. A sixteen year old girl had seen pictures of Nevada, but she hardly ever thought that she'll ever see it before her own eyes.
She inched closer to the window, not willing to be seen by anybody. The girl waited a few hours and watched as the others they either gotten off the bus or had gotten onto the bus. But it wasn't long till she had arrived to her home. When her summer camp mates had told her that she was going to live in the center of a desert, they weren't kidding. But she didn't mind, she wanted to take a break from the city and could really use the peace and quiet. Her mother was working in the city, but she knew how responsible her daughter is and let her go out to the desert and spend some of the summertime on Jorvik.
She got out of the white bus with her brown duffel bag planted in front of her and pulled her black suitcase. The teenage girl had jumped out of the bus and looked at the junkyard with a shy smile.
The sixteen year old girl is tall and slim, but she has hidden strength within her. She has long, wavy light golden carmel blonde hair that goes over her shoulders. Her striking eyes could shame a pair of blue sapphires with little effort. Her fair skin is lightly tanned from her time in the sun. She's wearing a brown jacket on top of her blue and white striped shirt while her brown jeans that is tied by a brown belt with a silver buckle and are folded at her dark brown combat boots. Though, her only accessories were a blue neckerchief and a simple silvery chained necklace with an orb-shaped pendant that has shades that can be described as the galaxy.
She is one of those very few teens who don't care about their social life and understands the world better. For years, she is incredibly kind and has a soft spot for kids and animals, since she can be a babysitter sometimes and took part in an animal shelter. She is very selfless to the ones she loves and will forever be loyal to them. Her grades were high and she is a strong fanfic writer. She enjoys reading fantasy novels and adventure books that have gotten her to work at the library as one of the assistants there, but she hates war and violence. Though, she doesn't take very kindly to when boys flirt with her.
The bus soon stopped at the outskirts of town, where the girl lives at. She picked up her bags and got off the bus, heading towards the direction of her house. But when she arrived to her house, she was overjoyed to her childhood friend were waiting for her.
"Jack!" She could see that he is about sixteen years old too and a fairly tall boy for his age, maybe a few inches taller than her. He has messy black hair that swirls to the side of his face, which is covered in small freckles around his nose and cheeks. His bright blue eyes shone with empathetic compassion and steadfast courage as he gazed at her. He's wearing a gray T-shirt with dark blue pants and white shoes.
"Emily!" She could see that the girl is about sixteen years old too and a fairly tall girl for her age. She has dark brown hair with that's held in a sidelong braid, while her fair skin has small freckles around her nose and cheeks. Her bright green eyes shone with warm compassion and a strong heart. She's wearing a sleeveless white shirt with dark blue stripes, denim jean shorts, and yellow sneakers with white soles, laces and toes. Though, her only accessories are a set of blue, orange, purple, and green bracelets. She's very kind to others, but she's protective of her friends and has a soft spot for young children. Not just that, Emily likes all things involving music from singing to playing a guitar for others.
"Miko!" Miko is about fourteen years old, and of Japanese descent. Her side swept bangs were dyed pink and she had her dark brown hair put up in what looked like spiky pom-poms on each side of her head. The tips of these were pink as well and the rest of her hair was held in a sort of reverse ponytail with the fastener at the end of her hair instead of at the top. She is wearing a pink T-shirt with a navy blue tank top and jean shorts that has a bright yellow belt. Miko started firing questions at her so fast, it was hard to tell what the heck she was saying. Yet, the arrived girl somehow managed to answer Miko's questions fully.
"Raf!" Raf is the youngest of the gathered group, due to him being twelve years old and of a Mexican descent. He has fluffy brown hair and wears red-rimmed glasses over his shy, but friendly hazel eyes. He was wearing an orange vest on top of a long-sleeved yellow shirt with a tie and dark blue pants that ends at his orange tennis shoes. All she could say about Raf, is that he is a genius on a startling advance level. He might be young, but he's very intelligent. Raf is very likeable, especially since he was a kid, but she'd seen him in his spare time on a laptop. The girl thinks that the kid could hack into anything if he had to.
"Sasha!" exclaimed all of her friends.
The four of them all hugged their recently reunited friend. Once they pulled out of the hug, Jack started pulling the suitcase for Sasha as the reunited girl started catching up with her gathered companions.
They decided to have a sleepover that involves them catching up, exchanging stories, and watching movies. For that matter, all six of them had brought some food; cookies, chips, popcorn, pizza, and some apple juice. The kids had prepared tons of movies to watch. Emily had put up the Chronicles of Narnia movie series, Quest for Camelot, and Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hoole.
After a few moments and a few bowls of chips and popcorn, the kids had started their movie marathon. They had finished the first Chronicles of Narnia movie and were right in the ending of the second one.
They were soon met up with both June Darby (Jack's mom) and William Fowler. June hugged Sasha and gave her a gift while William Fowler (June's boyfriend) patted Sasha on the shoulder with a warm smile. He soon told the stories that the kids had loved to hear from the story of a made-up sci-fi fantasy.
"Once upon a time within the techno world, there was an order of knightly warriors, from a kingdom called Cybertron, who would rise each night into the darkness and perform noble deeds. They spoke of true words, their purpose was to right all wrongs, to make strong the weak, mend the broken, vanquish the evil, and make powerless those who abused the frail. With hearts sublime they would take flight."
Emily tilted her head curiously at Will. "Is this story true, Uncle Will?"
"It's a legend, Emily," Will replied.
"Is true though?" Jack asked curiously.
"Sometimes, legends have a ring of truth," admitted Sasha.
Will smiled at them warmly. "A legend, Jack, is a story that begin to feel in your mind and then over time it becomes true in your heart. And perhaps makes you become a better person."