Episode 35

" Fuck!" He yelled and paces the room.

" Everything that happens, you are always the victim. You have no idea what I'm going through." He raises his voice demonstrating with his hands.

" What you've been through?, Do you know what you make me go through every single day?" I say.

" Ahmad I can't sleep, I don't have an appetite. You make me feel sofacated in our house, I'm tired." I break down. I can't hold it in anymore.

" Hameedah" He says with empathy in his eyes as he comes close to me.

He doesn't say anything but just stands there rubbing my back. I shove him off me buy he continues until I've calmed down.

" Look, I know it isn't easy and stuff have been shitty but I'm also going through it" He said and I mentally roll my eyes.

I didn't respond so he finally turned around and left the room.

For some time, tears were just spilling put of my eyes. The twins came in to tell me goodnight and retreated to their room.

I expected that Ahmad would have been gone to see Afrah but he wasn't, he came into the room and I notices he switched off the lights of the parlour, that means he is ready for bed.

I can't sleep without taking a shower so I pick my towel and enter the bathroom.
I was about to enter the shower when I slipped and fell on my back.

" Ahhh" I yelled gripping my back.

Ahmad barged into the toilet and I didn't have anything on but I mustered the energy to grab the towel and put it over me.

" Subhannallah, Are you hurt?" His eyebrows scrunch up when he's panicked.

I just shook my head still gripping my lower back.

He slid his arms underneath me and pulled me up. He carried me out of the bathroom into the room and placed me on the bed.

" Turn around let me see" He says and I just look at him wincing.

" Hameedah, I want to know how bad it is so please turn around."

I carefully turned around and layed down slowly on my stomach. He pulled down the towel and exposed my back.

" You have a bruise but it's not bad" He says touching the exact place that hurts the most.

" Owww" I winced in pain as tears begin to form.

He left the room and got the ointment to apply on my back.

After much struggling, he finally finished rubbing it and I fell asleep as soon as he was done.

My back hurts, I have been having morning sickness. I think I'm genuinely coming down with a fever because of the exhaustion.

It's the next two days after I fell and I feel a bit better. Its been less painful now.

We are going to Anti's house because Samha is getting married. I'm still not that comfortable with them but they haven't given me a reason to think otherwise.

Samha doesn't want events so today is the Daurin Aure ( Nikkah) and then after that, is the dinner.

It's just noon so I took a shower and I applied the ointment for my back.
I changed into a pink lace and wore a shoulder white bag.

Ahmad travelled to Lagos yesterday so it's just the twins and I at home.

" Amma your dress looks beautiful" I say after she did a dramatic runway walk.