4

It had been days since Yeji had met with Lia, her best friend. They both had busy schedules, but they always tried to work around their occupations to take care of their friendship.

Yeji woke up a little earlier than usual because they had agreed to see each other before work. When she came down to the main entrance of her building, Lia was waiting for her with two travel cups of coffee and handed one to Yeji, who was pushing her bike with her other hand. They greeted each other and started walking while having a nice conversation. When they got to talk about the weekend, Yeji had to tell Lia about Minju's visit.

"She wants to keep having sex with you?" Lia asked loudly in shock. "That woman doesn't know shame!"

"Keep it down." Yeji begged her to lower her voice.

"You told her 'no', right?" Lia asked, still kinda mad but keeping her voice at a decent volume. When Yeji didn't say anything right away, she raised her voice again. "Hwang Yeji, tell me you refused!"

"Yes, I refused, ok? I told her to get out of my house."

"Good."

"But part of me wanted to accept." She admitted, almost whispering.

"What?!"

"Shhh!"

"Yeji, don't tell me to shut up when you're seriously considering becoming your ex's fuck buddy." She used a menacing tone. Lia was really really cute, but she could become scary if she got mad and overprotective.

"I'm not considering becoming Minju's fuck buddy. I just hesitated in my head for a millisecond..."

"You should live with me." Lia suggested with a serious expression. "That way she stops going to your house and if you're with me you won't give in to the temptation."

"That's ridiculous, Jisu." Yeji slowed down because they were arriving at the building where the café was. "I'm a grown up woman, I don't need you to babysit me." She stopped in her tracks when she noticed Ryujin getting out of her car not too far from them. "Shit!" She exclaimed, turning her back as fast as she could with her coffee cup in one hand and her other hand occupied holding the bike.

"Who is she?" Lia was looking over her shoulder.

"No one." She answered quickly.

"If she's no one, why are you acting like that?"

"She works in this building. Upstairs, at the magazine." When Lia raised an eyebrow because that didn't explain her behavior, she elaborated. "She's been trying to make me go out with her."

"And why haven't you? Look at her, she's hot."

"She's just like Minju."

"What're you talking about? She has nothing to do with Minju."

"Just look at her." She said as if that would explain it. "Perfect job, perfect car and perfect face. Everything's perfect." She stated with disdain.

"Minju could only wish." Lia pointed out and Yeji huffed. "Ok, don't look now. She's coming this way." When Yeji tried to escape, Lia grabbed her bike to stop her and the brown-haired woman tried to kill her with her eyes. Lia just smiled.

"Good morning, Yeji." Ryujin approached them with a smile. The waitress returned the greeting with a forced smile.

"Hi, I'm Lia. Yeji's best friend." She extended her hand and Ryujin took it gladly.

"Nice to meet you, Lia. I'm Ryujin." Yeji just looked at their hands and then turned around to park her bike. It's not like she liked Ryujin, but she wasn't up to witnessing her friend becoming all flirty.