10

Ryujin stood outside the café, leaning casually against her car and waiting patiently for Yeji. She checked her watch, noting the time as she glanced around. Then, she spotted Chaeryeong exiting the building.

"Hey." Chaeryeong greeted as she approached, a smile brightening her face. "Waiting for your girlfriend?" She teased.

"Yes, I was waiting for you." Ryujin replied, making kissy faces at her friend.

"Ew, don't make that joke ever again!" Chaeryeong slapped her arm as Ryujin burst out laughing. The long-haired one couldn't help but laugh with her. It was at that moment that Yeji came out and approached them.

"What's so funny?" She asked, a hint of jealousy could be sensed in her voice. Ryujin and Chaeryeong stopped laughing abruptly and looked at Yeji.

"Hey, Yeji!" Ryujin smiled, showing off her whisker dimples.

"Your girlfriend thinks she's so funny." Chaeryeong said to Yeji, catching her by surprise and causing her to nearly choke on her own saliva. This time it was Ryujin who punched her friend in the arm.

"Stop it." Ryujin warned her friend, then looked at Yeji apologetically.

"I'm sorry." Chaeryeong cleared her throat. "Oh, hey, why don't the three of us go out for a drink later? It's been a while since you and I hung out, Ryujinah. And it would be a good chance for Yeji and I to get to know each other a little."

Ryujin looked at Yeji, because she wasn't sure what the cat-eyed woman thought of Chaeryeong's suggestion. When Yeji subtly nodded to her, Ryujin replied.

"Alright, let's go out then."

"I'm in." Yeji decided to voice that she agreed as well. "But first I'd like to stop by my apartment to take off my uniform, if that's okay."

"Of course! Ryujin and I will come by with her car and pick you up after we go to get ready too, right, Ryujinie?" Chaeryeong suggested cheerfully. Ryujin agreed, though she found it funny how her friend had appointed her as the main driver without asking her first.

Knowing Chaeryeong, she was probably doing it to somehow force her to keep her alcohol consumption to a minimum. Although, since meeting Yeji, Ryujin had unconsciously reduced her alcohol consumption anyway, as she had stopped going out to drink and hook up with women every week.

Ryujin drove Yeji home, while Chaeryeong left in her own car.

After showering and dressing in casual clothes, Ryujin got into her car and went to pick up Chaeryeong, then they set their way to Yeji's apartment. Meanwhile, Yeji had received an unexpected visitor.

"I'm coming! I'm almost ready!" Yeji shouted approaching the door, thinking it would be Ryujin who would be on the other side.

"Ready for what?" Lia asked entering the apartment.

"Lia, I wasn't expecting you..."

"Let me guess, you're going out with Ryujin? You guys hang out together way too much for someone who claim to be just friends." Lia displayed a big smile.

"Actually, we're going out with her best friend." Yeji explained. "And... I'm thinking it would be a great idea for you to join, do you feel like it?"

"Oh yeah, sounds fun! Besides, I can't refuse to witness how you're dying for Ryujin's bones but you insist on denying it." She half joked. In reality, she was totally serious, but she wanted to use a lighthearted tone to avoid Yeji taking it the wrong way.

What Lia didn't know was that Yeji had stopped denying it to herself, because on the date she and Ryujin had at the arcade she had been fully aware that she hadn't thought about Minju for a second. And then she realized it wasn't the first time that had happened to her. In her head the most prevalent thing was the desire to spend time with Ryujin, and her story with Minju had become history. Now, the problem was not her ex, but the wounds she had left behind. Yeji was fully aware that she was attracted to Ryujin, she had realized that it had been foolish to compare her to Minju, as they turned out to be very different. But the fear of getting hurt was still present and it was what was preventing her from taking a step forward.