11

Ryujin woke up feeling unusually content. The warmth of Yeji's embrace from the night before lingered in her mind. She stretched, careful not to wake Yeji, who was still peacefully sleeping next to her.

As she got up quietly, she tiptoed to the kitchen, deciding to make breakfast for them. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the apartment, then the sound of light footsteps alerted her that Yeji was awake.

"Good morning." Yeji greeted, her voice still groggy from sleep.

"Morning." Ryujin replied with a smile, turning to face her. "I thought I'd make us some breakfast."

Yeji smiled warmly, her eyes lighting up. "You didn't have to. But thank you."

As they were finishing breakfast, the sound of someone knocking at the door brought them out of the pleasant new sense of domesticity they had just discovered. Although they had slept in Yeji's apartment several times, Ryujin had never stayed for breakfast, as she always hurried home to get ready before going to work.

"Go open up while I clean all this up." Ryujin instructed Yeji as she carried the empty cups to the sink. Yeji smiled at her and walked out of the kitchen.

"We need to talk." Lia came in and walked over to Yeji's couch though she didn't sit down.

"Good morning to you too." Yeji looked at her in astonishment.

"You can't imagine what happened last night."

"I think I can."

"I've found the love of my life... Why didn't you tell me she was so beautiful? You just can't even imagine what happened."

"You two made out. I saw you in the restroom... Couldn't you wait to get home?"

"Well, after that we went to her house to do other things... And yes, I mean exactly what you're thinking. In fact, we did it until about an hour ago." Lia smirked.

"Sorry, what?" This time it was Ryujin who asked.

"Wow, looks like we weren't the only ones..." Lia exclaimed when she saw Ryujin entering the living room wearing Yeji's starry pajamas.

"No, we didn't do anything." Yeji intervened.

"Nothing at all." Ryujin emphasized.

"Why not? What the hell are you waiting for?"

There was an awkward silence that lasted a few long seconds until Ryujin decided to intervene.

"I need more information about Chae and you."

"No no, my lips are sealed." Lia made a gesture of zipping her mouth shut. "Ask your friend, I need to talk to mine."

"Gosh, ok, I'm going to change my clothes and go." Ryujin agreed. There was no point in trying to argue. Yeji looked at her apologetically and gave her a slight and tight-lipped smile.

The two friends were sitting on the couch when Ryujin returned from the bedroom ready to leave. Lia immediately stood up and escorted her to the door. The short-haired girl couldn't help but laugh at Yeji's friend's eagerness. Yeji smiled widely from her spot on the couch.

Once Ryujin had left, Lia walked back to the couch and told her friend how amazing it was, that she had never connected with someone like that before. Yeji was happy for her friend, but had mixed feelings about the situation between Lia and Chaeryeong.

"I'm happy for you Jisu, but please be careful.... If something goes wrong I don't want it to affect my relationship with Ryujin."

"What relationship?" Lia asked with a frown. "And why haven't you two fucked yet?"