Chapter 16 - check up

Mu qing walked to the healing Palace, slowly walking through the halls and bumping into someone by accident.

He flinched , "the hell?"

He fixed his clothes before looking at who he bumped to. He stared at them for a while , not understanding who they are until they spoke up. " Ah, mu qing! My dear friend , long time no see !"

It was Qu Ching , god of healing (not a real character)

He was friendly , very friendly , he would often be caught working over night , trying out medicines and stuff like that. But he was also pretty close with mu qing since he liked how tidy he was all the time.

"Qu..Ching?"

"Yes!"

"Yes , Qu Ching. Haven't met you in a ..uh. while. " Mu qing spoke awkwardly.

"Are you heading somewhere? Perhaps need some assistance?"

"Uh. Yes ! I'm trying to find Ling wen. Do you know which room is hers?"

He asked crossing his arms and staring at him up and down , having to look up at him since he was quite tall. Qu Ching thought for a second before remembering what room it is, he spoke then," walk straight then up the stairs , left , up the stairs again and then there's her room !"

Mu qing stood there for a while, trying to remember the directions ,until he nodded . They said their good byes and mu qing finally walked to that exact way.

While walking, he couldn't help but feel a sense of jealousy building in him when remembering that stupid idiot laying on Feng xins shoulder. It's not like he had any feelings for that big jirafe anyway. He dispised him.

He let his thoughts wonder for a while before arriving to the correct door and knocked on it ,"Ling wen. Ling wen?"

A slight cough was heard from inside , "Come in.." , she said in a raspy voice.

Mu qing opened the door and walked in before closing it and walking towards her , " How are you feeling?"

" better then usual."

" are you ... really sure about that ?"

" definitely not."

" have you drank any specific medicine to help you? I lost count but , you've had this sickness for about 4 times now. Shouldn't you be worried ?"

Ling wen chuckled before she sat up and placed both her hands infront of her , laying them on the covers. And her back laying back on the wall. She shaked her head ," I Shouldn't. And I'm not even surprised " she said while looking at him with tired eyes .

Mu qing took a note of the tired eyes , and the whole sentence.

He nodded.

" who send you here by the way ? I'm sure only highness xie lian and majesty Jun wu know my healing room. "

" your highness xie lian?- Ahem. Your Majesty told me to come here and check on you . To see if anythings better."

" I see. Well you're free then ."

" What ?"

" You're free? I'm completely fine Mu qing , do not worry."

" are you sure?"

" Yes."

Mu qing thought for a little , before nodding and bowing with his hands together and then leaving towards the door.

He headed outside , and left the healing Palace.

He walked to his own Palace. Well..the one he has to share with that stupid bastard General Nan Yang . He walked around with boredom and crossed hands , his head completely empty.