IX.

The rest of the school week went by quickly

The rest of the school week went by quickly. It seemed to happen in a blink of an eye and it was suddenly Halloween.

I quickly got out of the way of a student dressed as a zombie, chasing after a bunch of girls who were laughing as different characters.

"I guess I should've worn my costume to school?" I asked out loud to Damon and Xavier as they got out of the car.

Xavier and Damon had been taking me back and forth from my house and school all week. We created a small routine, Xavier blaring my phone with messages when they arrived and always having some sort of breakfast for me when I got in their car. The breakfast ranged from chocolate muffins to little quiches that Damon's mom forced him to share (which were absolutely incredible). Xavier and I would banter on our way to school, nothing of serious topics. Damon would listen in, always giving us looks of annoyance if we interrupted his sleep.

Through our conversations, I'd learned just how funny Xavier could be. He told stories about his childhood with Damon and I vaguely told him some of mine, nothing serious from both sides. There was something about Xavier that lured people in, making them feel secure and comfortable. It was strange that someone who seemed so social made himself isolated from the rest of our classmates. I'm sure if he put his mind to it, he could have been our class president. He listened intently whenever I talked, always having a rebuttal if I decided to cause an argument.

It was strange having a conversation with him where I didn't want to strangle him and actually enjoy being around him.

When we were at school, they kept their distance, Garrett taking most of my attention throughout the day. Garrett had been ranting about his party tonight, telling me about the decorations and entertainment.

I didn't realize that it was going to be an entire production, but I wasn't used to rich people parties. The last party I went to apparently will be child's play to what Garrett was pulling off. I internally winced when I thought about how much all of it had to cost.

I was excited for the party though, already having my costume ready for me to put on once I got home.

But I may have missed out with everyone already dressed up.

Damon scowled when a person got too close.

"I hate Halloween."

I fought back a snicker. "What? No way."

Damon glowered as Xaver patted him on the back. "Fear not, my dear friend. It's only one day. Besides, I love causing mischief and wearing costumes."

"Says the one who wears a costume every single day." Damon said with what almost was a pout.

"Hey! I put on my best attire for the day." Xavier showed off his navy suit, a slim blue suit vest included. I also noticed that he styled his blonde hair to be more wavy and volumized.