CHAPTER 15: I Have A Problem. The Problem Is You.

be our favorit ! dave

It was still Monday, but it was about eight o' clock. Karkat was on his beanbag reading something and I was just on my phone with nothing else to do. Now that Karkat lived here, I couldn't go on my random nightly walks unless I wanted to bring him, because otherwise I would feel bad for leaving him alone in the house with Dirk and Bro, if Bro would even be home at the time.

It was completely silent with the occasional page turn until Karkat spoke. "HEY, UH, SO I DON'T THINK I WAS SUPPOSED TO ASK YOU, BUT DID YOU MEAN THOSE THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT ME EARLIER TO TEREZI?"

Oh. He knew. Okay, act normal, it's alright. "Maybe," I plainly responded without even looking up from the screen in front of me. Karkat sighed. He consulted The Crab Plush. I didn't know the thing's name, but he talked to it sometimes. I thought it was kind of cute. But not in a gay way of course. Obviously. All I knew was that the little crab squeaked like a dog toy. He looked back at Dave for a quick second. 

"THAT WASN'T REALLY A CLEAR ANSWER."

"Fine, yes, I meant it. But don't think much of it. What I'm saying is that I guess you sort of deserved to hear that."
Silence.

It was silent for just a second, but it still scared me somehow. 

"WELL, UH... THANKS. SORRY I CAN'T REALLY SAY MORE, I'M JUST... I DON'T KNOW... IN SHOCK? NO ONE HAS SAID ANY OF THAT TO ME EVER."

"Never? Really? I'm actually more surprised about the 'any of it' part, but still. Someone should have at least said one of those things to you. Why, you ask? Cause it's fucking true. Truer than true. The truest of all trues," Karkat looked at me with an expression that said "you talk too much". I just shook my head. "I think you should expect extensive talking from a Strider. You've known me long enough."

Karkat shrugged. "I KNOW, BUT YOU STILL TALK A WHOLE LOT FOR SOMEONE WHO QUITE LITERALLY HAS A C IN ENGLISH."

"Dude, don't bring my grades into this. They're completely fine."

"YEAH, EVERYTHING BUT ENGLISH. YOU SPEAK ENGLISH! WHY IS YOUR GRADE IN THAT CLASS ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS? I COULD TELL YOU THAT YOU HAD NO THOUGHT SPONGE, BECAUSE IT'S PROBABLY TRUE, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO. I'VE SAID ENOUGH."

I tilted my shades down to where my eyes just barely peeked over them and gave Karkat a look that said "you talk too much". He rolled his eyes and flipped me off, and I let out a small chuckle. For some reason, I couldn't get his adorably, no, we are NOT going in that direction, Strider. I still couldn't manage to get him out of my head. 

I'll just ignore it for now, no problem.

become terepy

"BUT YOU H4V3 TO! YOU DON'T UND3RST4ND HOW 4BSOLUT3LY FUCK1NG BONK3RS 1'LL GO 1F TH1S DO3SN'T WORK OUT."

I was with Vriska, trying to get her to help me with a situation. A very big and very important situation. 

"They're 8oth your pretty close friends, right? You can just invite them to the same place, one right 8efore the other so they don't know they're going to the exact same spot, and ta da!!!!!!!!" Vriska did an explosion effect with her hands, slumping a bit after. "8ut if you don't want to go along with my foolproof plan, you're on your own, Rezi."

I sighed. To me, that was a pretty basic idea and sounded like something from a cartoon I'd seen before, though I can't remember which one. Vriska wasn't exactly wrong, it was a foolproof plan, and the two were the fruitiest little fools I had seen in my entire life, but it was just a movie trope. Their friend sets them up, and... Wait. Movie trope. Karkat would like that, right?