Chapter One

"Come on Blake

"Come on Blake."

Blake looked ahead to see the Subway parked up awaiting passengers to board. It felt as if Blake and Nadine had been walking for a long time already. In reality, it had been minutes.

"I'm coming, I can't run in these heels!" Blake followed her friend all the way up to the Subway. With seconds to spare, both Blake and Nadine made it safely onto the already busy Subway.

Both girls were wearing short dresses with high heels, standing on a moving vehicle was not an option. However, it was the only option they had.

Blake gripped onto the metal pole to keep a steady balance as the Subway began to move. Nadine chuckled lightly at her friend struggling to stay upright.

"You good?" Nadine questioned knowing the answer without Blake even saying a word.

"Fabulous."

Nadine smirked before going onto her phone. "We need to get there before ten otherwise I'm going to miss his performance." Nadine exclaimed.

Blake raised an eyebrow. "Would that be such a bad thing?" She said in a low tone, low enough that Nadine couldn't quite hear. The two girls were on their way to a bar where Nadine's boyfriend was performing tonight. He had asked both Blake and Nadine to come along for it.

"What?"

Blake smiled politely. "No, nothing." She replied.

Blake looked around to see the passengers onboard all looking how she felt. But Blake was going to do this for her friend.

It wasn't many stops until Blake and Nadine had gotten off of the Subway and were walking the breezy streets of New York.

The two girls were linking arms with each other to keep from feeling too cold. Blake was aware of the glances and looks they were both getting from creepy men, but they kept the focus on the direction they were walking towards.

"Are you going to leave me tonight?" Blake questioned.

"You're a big girl Blake. It's our twenty sixth year this year." Nadine defended. "Besides, you should be looking around for a man of your own."