Chapter Ten

It was really early, six in the morning to be precise

It was really early, six in the morning to be precise. Last night James and Blake had been through something dreadful together, the first for Blake but James had been in situations like that all of his life.

Blake didn't know where she was, she was just happy to have escaped those men. James paid for a cheap motel that they managed to find late in the night, people had wondered where Blake was but she managed to find an excuse.

Blake was sat on the edge of the bed with her face in her hands, she could not believe what had happened and the more she weighed up the situation, she realised James was bad news. He was dangerous and this was definitely not his first rodeo.

She turned her head to see James sleeping peacefully underneath the bed covers. It was so early so James was resting up from the exhausting night before.

Blake just wanted to get home, she didn't even know who James was and she felt scared in his company.

She stood up from the bed and made her way to the bathroom to shower and get ready. James awoke as Blake walked towards the bathroom, his eyes squinting as he realised where he was.

After Blake had showered she was stood in the reflection, adjusting her make up and styling her hair so that she did not look as rough as before.

Blake sighed softly, she had no clothes, no make up, nothing. When Blake walked back out of the shower, she could see James wasn't in bed anymore but sat on one of the chairs by the window of the room.

James turned to Blake, he stayed silent and just smiled weakly at her. Blake returned a smile as neither of them knew exactly what to say to make this all go away.

"Blake." James sounded softly. "I just want to say how sorry I am for putting you in danger like that. I wish it never happened and I wish I was honest about myself from the start. Gavin, my boss. He always says to be discreet, and I did."

"I just don't recognise you James. You kill people. I watched you kill a- ." Blake began before James interrupted her.

"He was going to kill us both Blake. He would have had you raped! Do you not see that?" James questioned with a raised voice. Mainly from frustration, Blake was defending it.

"I know!" Blake stated. "But even so, you didn't even flinch at the man bleeding out on the floor. You've done it before haven't you?"

James nodded once. "I'm not proud of it Blake. But these men are violent criminals. They're thugs. They're- ."

"Are you a criminal James?" Blake quizzed.