Evidence

The next days were filled with a whirlwind of activity. They spent hours gathering evidence: text messages, photos of Chaeyoung's bruises, and testimonies from anyone who had witnessed Jungkook's abusive behavior. Lisa was determined to ensure that Chaeyoung would no longer have to live in fear.

With their evidence in hand, they made an appointment with the school counselor, Ms. Kim, who had always been supportive of her students. The counselor listened intently as Chaeyoung and Lisa recounted the harrowing details of Jungkook's abuse. Ms. Kim was horrified but reassured them that they were doing the right thing.

"We need to take this to the authorities," Ms. Kim said firmly. "Jungkook's behavior is criminal, and he needs to be held accountable."

With Ms. Kim's help, they scheduled an appointment at the local police station. Chaeyoung was visibly nervous, but Lisa stayed by her side, offering support and encouragement.

When they arrived at the station, an officer led them to a private room where they could file their report. Detective Park, a stern but kind-faced woman, took their statements.

"Chaeyoung, you're incredibly brave for coming forward," Detective Park said after hearing her story. "We will take immediate action to ensure your safety. One of the first steps we'll take is to file for a restraining order against Jungkook."

-

It didn't take long for the legal wheels to start turning. Within days, Jungkook was served with a restraining order, which legally required him to stay a specified distance away from Chaeyoung and prohibited him from contacting her. The order was clear: any violation would result in immediate arrest.

The news spread quickly through the school, creating a buzz among the students. Jungkook being expelled from school for good.

Chaeyoung, while relieved, still felt the weight of everything that had happened. She knew that this was only the beginning, but having the restraining order in place was a significant step towards reclaiming her life.

A few days later, Chaeyoung and Lisa were sitting in the school cafeteria. The usual noise and chatter surrounded them, but the tension between them was palpable. They had not fully processed the events that had transpired, but they were doing their best to move forward.

Chaeyoung was quietly eating her lunch when Lisa noticed the unmistakable look of fear in her eyes as she glanced around the room, as if expecting Jungkook to appear at any moment.

"Hey," Lisa said softly, reaching across the table to take Chaeyoung's hand. "It's going to be okay. He can't hurt you anymore."

Chaeyoung nodded, her grip tightening on Lisa's hand. "I know, but it's hard to believe sometimes. Everything feels so surreal."

"We'll get through this," Lisa reassured her. "One step at a time."

"Thank you, Lis." Lisa smiled in response turning her head back to her food.

As they were eating their food, a group of students approached their table. Jisoo was at the forefront, her expression a mix of concern and determination.

"Hey, Chaeyoung, Lisa," Jisoo greeted them. "We heard about what happened. We just wanted to let you know that we're here for you."

Chaeyoung looked up, surprised by the support. "Thank you, Jisoo. It means a lot. I'm sorry for how I've been..."

Jisoo nodded. "No one should have to go through what you've been through. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

The other students nodded in agreement, offering words of encouragement and support. For the first time in a long while, Chaeyoung felt a sense of belonging and hope.