Left

Vote, Follow!

Chaeyoung's gaze held a mixture of vulnerability and defiance, a storm raging within her. Lisa took a deep breath, her voice soft yet determined. "Chaeyoung, we can't keep avoiding this. I need to know why we're doing this. Why enemies with benefits?"

Chaeyoung's voice trembled, her defenses beginning to crack. "It's... It's complicated, Lisa."

Lisa's expression softened, empathy and concern in her eyes. "You don't have to face this alone, Chaeyoung. Whatever it is, I'm here for you."

Tears glistened in Chaeyoung's eyes, her walls crumbling under the weight of her emotions. "I can't... I can't do this right now."

Lisa reached out, her hand gently touching Chaeyoung's arm. "Please, Chaeyoung. Let me in. You don't have to carry this burden by yourself."

Chaeyoung's voice wavered, vulnerability breaking through. "I just... I can't trust anyone with this."

Lisa's heart ached at the admission, the pain in Chaeyoung's eyes mirroring her own ache. But before they could delve deeper into the conversation, Chaeyoung's walls were back up.

"Don't think this changes anything," Chaeyoung's voice was cold, a barrier between them.

But Lisa wasn't willing to let her off the hook. Her voice was soft yet insistent. "Chaeyoung, there's something you're hiding. Jungkook, your boyfriend. Why are you doing this even though you're with him?"

Chaeyoung's gaze met Lisa's, surprise mingling with defensiveness. Her eyes flickered, a glimpse of the pain she was trying to conceal. "You wouldn't understand."

Lisa's voice remained steady, unwavering. "Try me. I want to understand, Chaeyoung. And I think you need someone to talk to."

The room was heavy with tension, emotions swirling between them like a tempest. Chaeyoung's mask was slipping, vulnerability seeping through the cracks. As they sat there, Lisa knew that this was a turning point, a moment that could unravel the bonds between them or lead them down a path of healing and understanding. Chaeyoung hesitated, vulnerability warring with her defenses. Her gaze met Lisa's, revealing a hint of the pain she was hiding. "Jungkook... He's not... It's not easy, okay?"

Lisa's voice held understanding. "Chaeyoung, you can tell me. I want to understand."

A bitter laugh escaped Chaeyoung's lips, but her tone wavered. "You're naive if you think you can help. You're just a pathetic girl who can't even see the truth."

The hurtful words cut deep, a knife to Lisa's heart. Before she could respond, Chaeyoung was on her feet, storming towards the door. With a final, spiteful glance, Chaeyoung's voice was laced with venom. "You're just a fool, Lisa. Don't expect me to care." The girl said as she made her way towards the front door.

As the door slammed shut, Lisa was left alone with a whirlwind of emotions. Chaeyoung's brief moment of vulnerability had shown her a glimpse of the pain she carried, but the cruel insults were a reminder that healing and understanding were a journey fraught with obstacles. As Lisa sat in the now empty room, she knew that their tangled journey was far from over, and the unraveling of their bonds required not only patience and empathy, but the courage to confront the shadows that both of them were trying to escape.