Twenty-six: Keys

Voting ends: January 20th

Hey guys!! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas, sorry it took so long to update. I think it's my seasonal depression!
But I'm here now and so is your next chapter! Enjoy <3 

(Once again past ao3 note)

                                                                                      ----------

The group of you sit in the room, trying to figure out what to do. It's a hard choice and Dream is willing to give up everything for your safety.

You don't want that.

Dream has become such a close friend to you this run and you can't bear to see him be traded to Nightmare of all people.

You're sure you can get out of here, you just need a plan.

So while you're all talking you wait until one of the others comes into the room to collect you.

It's Horror who has come to get you this time.

He seemed nice enough the last time you "spoke" to him. It was really just saying thank you for the food but he seemed nice...

You hope he stays like that.

Horror brings you out of the room in silence, taking you down hall after hall without much thought. You don't bother asking where you're going, it's easier to just walk with him in silence. There's been too much going on to figure out if he'll be cold to you like Cross or be like whatever Killer is.

The silence is nice.

At some point you both stop, there is nothing in the hallway you've stopped in but Horror turns to you. Looking you up and down with a gentle eye. You're not sure what happened to the other one but it's completely blank.

It's only here that you notice he hasn't done anything to make sure you stayed close, not keeping a proper eye on you or anything.

It's strange.

"Go." His voice finds its way to your ear as you look at him.

"What?"

"Go." He says again, motioning in front of him to the empty hall.

Oh.

Horror is the new Cross I love him this run!

You suppose he is.

You listen, immediately going down the hall, looking back a few times to see him turning around and walking away without a second thought.

You take a shaky breath as you move, trying to ignore how your back shivers as you decide what to do.

You're going to go find your friends.

The time you spend wandering the halls is filled with mindless fear that any of the other skeletons is going to appear in front of you and catch you.

It doesn't happen.

As you walk down the halls you find a pair of stairs.

You know these stairs, they're the same ones that are attached to the cells.

Hopefully, your friends are down there.

Just as you're about to go down you stop yourself, glancing around with a small sigh.

You should put on that bracelet.

You're sure it'll help to find anything.

[Reader] Player Profile