𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Dude and I ran out towards the limo, both of us hiding in the trunk. I soon felt the car start, and both of us hid under the blue cotton blanket.

The second the car stopped, I heard voices, and seconds later, the trunk opened. Carlos and Jay stood there. “And Dude and Bailey, it seems.” Jay muttered. Carlos helped me out.

“What are you doing here? I told you both to-” I cut him off, kissing him. “You said ‘I love you’ then left. Not very King Consort of you, Carlos De Vil.” I whispered. It took a second for it to click before he realised. “Oh. That. Uh- If you’re not-” “And my goodness do I love you too.”

I kissed him again. He kissed back. “You’re lucky I love you.” He muttered, breathing heavily. “We are saying that a lot now, aren’t we?” I asked, giggling. “Definitely.”

We then went to join the others when we both saw a little kid. She looked no older than eight at the most. I put a finger to my lips, and the kid held up a photo of Carlos and I. One that wasn’t scribbled on. I held up a pen I had in my pocket.

The kid ran over quickly. I crouched down, starting to sign the picture. “Hi. What’s your name?” I asked. “Scarlett.” She told me. “Scarlett? Wow.” I smiled, handing the picture to Carlos while I entertained the kid. “Pretty name.”

“Do you wear a crown?” She asked. “Sometimes. But it’s really heavy. So I only wear it for TV. But that’s a secret between us two. Okay?” She nodded, smiling and took back the picture with both mine and Carlos’ signatures on.

I realised how busy both Ben and I had been, that we barely remembered about all these kids on the isle that were innocent and just wanted a bit of love and care.

Scarlett left, and I stood up. “Mal’s definitely gonna kill me, isn’t she?” “Maybe. She might not wanna admit it, but she has a heart in there somewhere.” Carlos kissed my head and wrapped his arm around me, his hand resting on my waist as we walked towards the others.

“Lonnie?” I questioned. “Bailey. I know, I made them bring me.” She hugged me. “Give me that gift. Please. Carlos is very hard to convince.” I smiled, earning an eye roll from Carlos after us two girls pulled away.

I stepped back into Carlos’ embrace.

“It’s noon.” Jay spoke. “All right.” Mal looked at him, mesmerised by the wand and it looking so realistic. “Are we ready?” Mal asked. “Yeah. Let’s do this.” Evie answered.

Carlos turned to Dude while everyone else left. “Stay!” Dude grumbled. “I mean it.” He looked at me. “You gonna do as I say this time?” “Nope.” I answered. “Come on. But stay close.” He pulled me along.

We walked through the pipe, and arrived onto some docks. Carlos held me tighter. I tried to look around for Ben but I couldn’t see much.

“Hey, guys! They’re here!” Gil’s voice echoed from above. Ben showed up, and I tried to go towards him but Carlos pulled me back. “Welcome!” Harry yelled, his eyes wide as he pushed Ben away.

A girl with turquoise braids showed her face, giggling. “Finally!” She exclaimed. This must have been Uma.

This was not gonna end well.