Chapter 13

Huaisang never believed that Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian just vanished, nor did he believe that they might be dead. He had kept his ear close to the ground, and his birdies in the air and one year later, his patience had paid off. He still has no idea where the couple went or where they are, but one thing he knows now and found out is that they are alive somewhere.

What he found out made so much more sense now. One year ago, Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxian to the market in Caiyi Town. There, they were seen talking to a fruit vendor  an old lady. They were seen walking with the old lady to a nearby boat and got on it. It did not seem as if the old lady forced them but rather that they went willingly and on their own accord.

Now, that is what he doesn't get and understand. Why would they do that?. Why would they trust a stranger?. What did the old lady tell them, and what did they talk about?. He will probably never know. Could it be that they had found out something. Something that spelled danger to them, or was it something else. His spies did not find out much about the old lady, just that as soon as Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian left, the woman had also disappeared and not seen in Caiyi Town again

Maybe he is reading why too much into this. Who knows, but why would she also disappear right after the two young men. He sighs softly, knowing that the answers he seeks he might never get, and it's fine just as long as they are safe and away from the Lan and Jiang sect. Those people were never their family, nor did they love them. A smile crossed his face when he thought about the invitation they had received.

Sect leader Lan is getting married to an omega, and he tried to find out something about this omega, but as off yet, he was unsuccessful, so he will have to wait until the wedding to find out who she is. He bet Jin Guangyoa is angry as hell, not only that he heard that he wasn't even allowed during the negotiations between the Lan elders and the young woman's family. That must have been a low blow for him, serving him right, though.

Jin Guangyoa deserves everything that is happening to him right now after the way he had treated Wei Wuxian. That boy was way too soft and allowed too many things. Huaisang thought to himself as he made his way to his brothers office. He knocked on the door and waited. He slid the door open as soon as his brother gave his permission. He stepped inside and slid the door close behind him again before he bowed in, greeting, and when he was done, his brother waved him over to he low table, indicating to him to take a seat.

He gladly did and waited patiently for his brother to finish with the correspondence he was busy with. While he waited, he started to brew tea for them, and once it was done, he poured them both a cup. Mingjue thanked him and took a small sip from his tea before placing the cup down again. Not soon after, he was done and put the paperwork to the side and put the ink brush down before he looked at his little brother.

"A-Sang what brings you here?."

He asked as his eyes scanned over his little brothers face.

"Nothing much, just thinking about the wedding you know. Thinking that it must not be easy for Jin Guangyoa to accept the fact that sect leader Lan is about to take another mate. I mean, he always made a point in letting everyone know that he caught one of the twin jades and that he got him all to himself."

Huaisang spoke casually while looking at his brother, who was nodding his head with every word he spoke.

"Serves him right. I am surprised that Xichen had agreed to take another mate. I can guarantee that this would definitely cause some trouble between them. Jin Guangyoa does not share, nor does he like to lose. He truly is Jin Guangshan's son, that is for sure. "

Mingjue voices his opinion, and now it's Huaisang turn to nod his head in agreement.

"That's true what Da-ge said. It will be something to see on how he will handle this whole situation. I myself did not think that sect leader Lan would agree to such a thing. Just shows you never truly knows someone if we look at how he had treated Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji."