✨️ Chapter 18 ✨️

The next morning, the air was filled with anticipation and excitement from both the respective sects leaders, sect heirs, and their disciples. After breakfast was concluded, everyone filed out the hall and made their way towards the grounds where the swords tournament would be held the first of events that would take place during the course of the week. Platforms were built where sect leaders and their wives would sit facing the grounds where the competition would take place.

The seating arrangement ranges on the raised platforms from the host, the chief cultivator, the sect leader of the Wen sect. Next to him would be sitting Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. The Nies would be seated next to them. Then the Lans. The Jins and then the Jiangs. The smaller sect leaders made up the rest of the seating arrangement. To the side on a separate and smaller raised platform, a senior Wen disciple was standing next to a big gong. Tents were put up to house the healers.

No one was really surprised when they saw the seating arrangement but many was still angry and felt that the chief cultivator is playing favorites and especially Jin Guangshan felt insulted that he was so far placed away from where the chief cultivator was seated. With every discussion conference, he was seated next to the chief cultivator.

Soft murmers of confusion went all around when they saw that Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were seated alone and that none of their children were seated with them, even the chief cultivator looked at them with a questioning look on his face but the two just smiles at him and he let it go. The chief cultivator waved his hand at the senior Wen disciple as soon as he took his seat, and the gong was ranged.

The sect heirs and their disciples were announced one by one, and they all moved in an orderly line as hand clapping ranged out through the place, and they took their places in front of the raised platforms. Lastly, the four siblings were announced, and they walked in and took their place looking at their parents, who smiled down at them. It slowly started to dawn on everyone that all four siblings were alphas, and their heads whipped towards Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian in suprise and shock before it returned back to the children.

"How is it possible?. How can all of them be alphas?. It surely must be a mistake."

Many whispered amongst each other as their eyes would swept to the alpha and omega.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan just listened and paid their words no mind. They or their children do not have to prove anything to these people.

"Still so arrogant I see Wei Wuxian, but what do expect from someone like you."

The angry voice of Madame Yu could be heard from the side.

"What's your problem?. Baba doesn't care what you think about him. Get over it and move on. You are starting to sound like a jealous old lady."

Lan Li Na sneered at said woman who turned her eyes towards the young woman and sneered back.

"For a bastard you are very mouthy, and it will get you into trouble."

The oppressing smell of pheromones of an omega and alpha being pissed off filled the air out around the platforms followed by two dangerous low growls as both alpha and omega turned their heads towards where the woman was sitting. Their eyes shimmering with repress anger as they stood up slowly and turned their bodies so they were facing her as killing intent rolled over them and mixed with their scents until it became hard to breath for those with a weaker core. Huaisang, by now, had hidden himself behind the broad shoulders and back of his brother whimpering.

The alpha and the omega gave the woman a matching raised eyebrow, challenging her to say something more at this point they want her to say something. Yu Ziyuan did not let them intimidate her, and she let out her own pheromones out and let out a low growl of her own as zidian sparks dangerously on her wrist and everyone who were still able to hold their own held their breaths as both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying barred their teeth dangerously at the woman and started to take threatening steps towards her.