History | Pocahontas.

This chapter will be in Arabic and English.

Pocahontas (circa 1595 - 1617) is a Native American girl who was the daughter of the leader of a Native American tribe*

Pocahontas (circa 1595 - 1617) is a Native American girl who was the daughter of the leader of a Native American tribe*. She was born around the year 1595 AD and her name at birth was Matoaka. She was captured during the battles between the English and the Red Indians in 1613 AD, and the British demanded a ransom from her people.

بوكاهانتس (بوكاهونتاس) ـ (حوالي 1595 ـ 1617) هي فتاة لانتس أصلية كانت ابنة لزعيم قبيلة من .الهنود الحمر *ولدت حوالي سنة 1595م وكانت مشهورة عند ولادتها ماتواكا. وقد بدأت خلال هذه الفترة بين الإنجليزية والهنود الحمر سنة 1613م وطلبت اللغة الإنجليزية فدية من قومها.

*Ancient Americans or Native Americans, sometimes called American Indians or Redskins, are the names given to the ethnicities of the indigenous people of the Americas before the time of Christopher Columbus, and also to the races that descended from them. In Canada, they are also called First Nations. They were first called Indians because Christopher Columbus mistakenly thought that he had arrived in the East Indies when he discovered the New World. They were later called Native Americans and American Indians to distinguish them from Asian Indians.

*الأمريكيون القدماء أو الأمريكيون الأصليونوأحياناً باسم الهنود الأمريكيونأو الهنود الحمرهي أسماء تطلق على عرقيات السكان الأصليين للأمريكيتين قبل عصر كريستوفر كولمبس وتطلق أيضاً على السلالات التي انحدرت عنهم. ويسمى هؤلاء أيضاً في كندا بالأمم الأولى ‏. سمٌوا أولاً بالهنود لأن كريستوفر كولمبس ظن خطأ أنه وصل إلى جزر الهند الشرقية عندما اكتشف العالم الجديد، ثم سموا فيما بعد بالهنود الحمر والهنود الأمريكيين تمييزاً لهم عن الهنود الآسيويين.