Chapter-8 • Prison and Priority •

Happy birthday to my favourite one Thrishikaamandla Have a great and successful year ahead Trishi... Love you so much 🤗❤️

The past content in this chapter is not known to Ananya. Dev never told her for these 10 years because he didn't want Ananya to hate her father.

I am really very serious about the votes!!! It is so disheartening to see very less comments. Until it reaches 160+ I am not updating the next chapter. This is for sure.

Enjoy reading ❤️

"I tried to hire lawyers, but no one is ready to fight against Aasthik," Papa said, rubbing his face tiredly while I stared at him helplessly, not able to move from the bed

"I tried to hire lawyers, but no one is ready to fight against Aasthik," Papa said, rubbing his face tiredly while I stared at him helplessly, not able to move from the bed. "No one will fight for our son, Princess."

She pressed her shivering fingers over her lips, crying to herself, "Ask Aasthik bhaiyya to stop this. I will talk to him. If possible, I will even touch his feet. Please ask him to take the case back, Rishu." Ma's tears hurt me the most. The only two women I care about are Ma and Anu. I will never be able to digest their tears and pain.

"Don't cry, Ma," I whispered with difficulty. "Don't b-e-g an-y-one. Ple-a-se."

She sobbed more, holding my hand. Papa wrapped his arms around her, trying to stop the pain. Tears left my eyes, seeing my strong and most powerful father in tears.

Anu left for New York, and I was sure that the bastard took her away forcefully. My Anu would never leave me. I just wished she was safe until I found her and kept her with me forever.

My father's best friend, Anu's so-called father, and the shitty man my mother assumed to be her brother, Aasthik Khurrana, filed a rape case against me and brought other fake evidence to show me as a criminal. Since then, Papa has been trying his best to find a lawyer to fight on my behalf, but no one dared to go against Aasthik Khurrana, who had the highest success rate in history. Any case against him was a failed case. Any honest case against him was a failed case. Because he was a manipulative bastard who also cleared a murder case in my father's name twelve years ago, like it never happened.

The day they took Anu away from me, I attempted to reach her by breaking the car window and jumping out, but failed when I fell onto the rock, rolled down the Ghat Road, and fell in between the forest with fractured arms and a huge wound on my head, which was operated on.

I should have been more careful. I should have known how powerful Papa is to track me within hours.

If I had to go to jail, I wouldn't mind it because I would rather end up dead than never let my parents beg anyone. Not even for Anu.

After 45 days of intense treatment, I was able to stand and walk again.

"Slowly," Ma whispered, holding my torso as she helped me to walk inside the court. I held her wet palms, which were wet due to fear.