Chapter 14:

I just noticed something. This story has less parts than most of my stories, yet it has more reads, votes and comments. I just noticed this and I thought it was worth mentioning.

(THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO GET YOU TO READ MY OTHER STORIES THOUGHIWOULDAPRECIATEIFYOUREADTHEMANYWAYS OKAY BYE.)

~Areaderofbooks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prim's P.O.V.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned, yet my eyes wouldn't shut. With a heavy sigh, I sat up and tossed the blankets off me. My feet met the carpet and I began to pace, the room feeling more and more stuffy. Unable to stand it, I quietly opened the door to my room and checked to see if anyone else was out.

Seeing as no one was in the hall, I quietly crept out of my room and shut the door. Being as quiet as possible, I crept down the hall to the living room. As I turned the corner, I could make out the outline of the couch and I head for it.

When I sit down, the fabric is cool and relaxing. I scoot to the end of the couch and lay in the corner between the back of the couch and the arm. I don't know when, but at some point, I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peeta's P.O.V.

I awake with a start, a cold sweat on my forehead. I don't remember what I was dreaming, but I assume I had a nightmare. I plopped back down onto the pillows, but I couldn't fall back asleep.  I sighed and threw the blankets off of me and decided to go to the kitchen to get a bottle of water from the refrigerator. I slowly opened the door and peered out into the hall way, to make sure no one was in the hallway. When I was sure there was no one, I crept out my door and closed it slowly.

On, my way to the kitchen, I had to go through the living room and saw the silhouette of someone on the couch. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was Prim. She was fast asleep on the couch, curled up by the end of it. She had no blanket on and she looked cold. Being as quiet as I could, I went to her room and grabbed a small blanket off the end of her bed and returned to the living room. I placed the blanket over her thin frame and looked at her for a while.

She looked nothing like Katniss, with her blonde hair and fragile appearance, but I felt the need to protect her. Not only for Katniss, but for her mother, too. Even if there wasn't a way to save Katniss, I could still save Prim. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and focused on one thing: Prim would survive the games. With that thought in mind, I went to get my water, and made my way back to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short update for the (belated) 4th of July! Awwwww...... how sweet! right? Yea. So I basically have the rest of this story and the beginning of the seq- wait what....... well, I have most of this mapped out in my head. So you can look out for some more frequent updates in the future.

My contest is still on and remember you can leave your entries on the update 'Let's Chat (and a Contest)' of my rant book, you can Private Message me, or send it to me on kik. And that's all I have to say.

QotD: Favorite subject?

AotD: Math.... JUST KIDDING I HATE MATH! It's Lunch.

~Areaderofbooks

(P.S. I almost deleted this chapter when my favorite song came on [Black Magic by Little Mix] because my hands slammed on my keyboard and I moved my mouse while dancing and singing along loudly.)