6

"Mornin, how ya feelin?" Kristine smiles brightly as I enter the shop, Mary's head on the counter, she groans hello.

"Fine thanks," I laugh as I wrap up my headphones, I look around and see the shop isn't very busy today, explains why Kristine was hanging by the kitchen door.

"Huh? What happened to your hand?" Oh yeh, I lift it up.

"The tap turned really hot last night, I kinda zoned out." Kristine walks over and gently holds one of my fingers using it to move my hand.

"I don't know how you'll clean the dishes today..." Crap I forgot about that, "Nah. sure it'll be fine, it's dead on Sunday's anyway." She drops my hand and walks back over to Mary, who was now stretching.

"How was the drinking at your house?" I am putting my headphones in my bag, Mary's eyes open wide, her lips purse and her face turns a bright red.

"Yeah... she reacted the same when I asked, makes ya think they did something dirty." Mary yelps and quickly turns to leave to the other side of the counter; the other waitresses look at her confused. Okay?

"Where Damien?" Kristine turns back to me and gestures to the kitchen.

"Passed out in the washer room, been there for about an hour, wanna go wake him up ready for lunch?" I nod, why not I needed to put my bag away, that and I'm curious to see how hungover he is.

Ye, he's asleep. A small beam of light peaked out of the top window, landing just above his eyes. I put my bag on the nearby shelf and crouch in front of him, he's quiet when he sleeps.

Time to wake him up.

I kick him in the legs hard, he yells and grabs his knee, he shoots me a nasty look. I can't help but grin. "Fucker..." I laugh.

"Come on lunch is about to begin." He groans and leans back against the washing machine,

"Lunch on Sunday's are dead, doesn't matter." I'm want kick him again. He shuffles and leans his head on the washer, making the soft breathing noise he made when he was asleep. I go to kick him again but stop, he had red marks on his skin. I crouch and lean in.

"What are those?" I ask poking him; he swats my hand away ignoring me. I just flick him instead. He grumbles and turns to look at me, he was very annoyed.

"What are what?" I point to his neck.

"Those marks on your neck." He freezes, before quickly jumping up to rush to the mirror on the door

"Fuck..." I lean against the washer watching him, "Uh don't worry about them, I'm sorry." I frown

"Why are you sorry? Just wanna know what they are." I say, He watches me through the mirror, his hand on his neck.

"I rather not..." He replies, I shrug and walk past him.

"Whatever."

"Wait," he quickly grabs my bandaged hand, "what happened, are you ok??" Why does he look so concerned? I mean I could tell him...

"I rather not tell you," I say pulling back my hand, I felt proud of my pettiness. He didn't seem to appreciate it. In fact, he looks mad. I try laughing, but it sounds weak, "I just burnt my hand when I got home, that's all, kay?" He doesn't say anything, he eyes just watching my hand. I shuffle awkwardly, "Ok, I'm, gunna go help Kristine, enjoy your sleep." He didn't say anything, nor did he follow me to the front of the shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kristine had me help the front while my hand was bandaged, it'll be fine by next week hopefully. I got lucky that Sunday's aren't very busy. Damien didn't leave the kitchen for another fifteen minutes after I went to wake him up. When he did leave, he walked straight to Mary and dragged her out the shop. The waitresses kept trying to be 'productive' by that I mean all cleaning the same table to see out the window. When they came back Mary's face was a rosy red, her eyes wide as if she wasn't expecting it. A fresh red mark on her neck. I look to the door as Damien walked in, his eyes were watching me, the normal soft hazel brown, now black and cold, like the night on the train.

The waitresses and baristas kept trying to ask Mary what happened, but she kept saying she couldn't say. They dared not ask Damien, even saying he felt even more scary then normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fiddle with the bandage wrapped around my hand, my bed was cool underneath me, the room was cold as well. I can't help but think of earlier. Kristine had just locked up and all of us parted ways, I continued to the train station as normal but stopped by an alley after hearing some movement. There was a couple kissing. That couple was Mary and Damien, Damien's eyes were watching me, cold and black as before, but this time a glint was there too, he smiled before focusing on Mary again.

I feel like he was trying to prove a point to me, but I am lost in that department. Was it because I kicked him this afternoon? But what would kissing someone have to do with me kicking him. I sigh and give up on the thought. Does he want it to get on my nerves? I mean he gets on my nerves just be being near me. Right dropping the thought. I roll over and hug my covers, it is so cold in this room, my bed just didn't want to heat up from my body heat. I shiver and curl up my legs. One downside to this apartment is there is only one heater, and it's in the main room. It is way too expensive to try heat up the whole apartment with that. I grab one of my hoodies and pull it on, lifting the hood, trying to snuggle up again.