12

Damien wanted to hang out today. I didn't mind, was on my days off anyway. He said to meet up at a café. I thought it would be our workplace to meet up, but it seems he had plans. It is a dated looking café, very bright colour paints too. I sigh and have a sip of my water; the waitress here wouldn't leave me alone unless I ordered something.

"Did you hear about the guy - " A pair of girls were whispering next to me, "Wait look it's on the news." I move my eyes to the small screen one of the girls was pointing to. Middle aged man, blue suit, and round glasses, he has a voice that could send you to sleep in a lecture.

"Thirty-five-year-old man -- was found dead outside of his apartment at -- Sunday morning last week." The girls start whispering again. The café bell jingles, I turn to look. Damien catches my eye and grins, rushing over to me. He looked to be in a good mood today. Like a really good mood, he was practically glowing.

"Yo," I wave as he approaches sitting down. The girls next to use stop whispering for a second before leaning closer together. I take another sip of my water; I notice he was just smiling at me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Oh! Someone I care about should found out this secret I did for them today." I raise my brow. The waitress walks over to take Damien's order. I wait for her to leave before speaking.

"Was it Mary?" he shakes his head, I laugh lightly, "Careful, she might think you're cheating on her." He shakes his head again,

"It's not like that." I nod slowly like, 'suuure buddy...' He panics and reassures me he isn't like that. I smirk and turn to look at the screen again, there was an image on the screen now, assuming of the man who died. Wait.

"Isn't that the bouncer from the club?" I ask. Damien turns to the screen confused; he was quiet for a second.

"I think so? Wait what happened?"

"There were several puncture wounds in the man's chest, bruises on his neck and across his body --"

"That." I say taking a drink of water. The waitress walks over with Damien's drink, he thanks her then turns back to the screen. The reporter tells us to be careful then changes topic. He shakes his head. His eyes were cold now, he looks annoyed. "You good?" His eyes suddenly changed back to his normal milk chocolate brown as he looks up to me taking a sip from his coffee.

"Yeah, all good." I shrug and pull out my phone. It was nine am.

"So why did you drag me out he at nine in the morning?" He smiles, his eyes sparkling in excitement.

"I wanted to see a movie with you." I groan.

"Shouldn't you have asked your girlfriend?" Wait, why did I sound so bitter saying that? He didn't seem to notice, maybe it didn't sound bitter?

"I uh, actually forgot until last night that I booked the tickets. I asked Mary but she said she couldn't. So, I asked you."

"Remind me how you have my number again?" He laughs and pulls out his phone, showing me a picture of myself passed out on the pub table. I was drooling too! My face heats up, I make a grab for his phone, but he pulls back too quick.

"You gave it to me after I took the photo. You thought I was asking you for it because my phone was out." I groan and slide my head onto the table. "It's not that bad of a photo." It's more why were you taking photos of me. I didn't want to ask in case he had more. He starts scrolling through his gallery showing me more, I growl at him to delete them, or I wouldn't go see the movie with him. He looked like he was going to cry as I made him delete each one.

He quickly tries to hide his phone, I grab his wrist,"If that is another photo of me I swear, you better pray." He laughs and takes his phone out of his hand with his free one.