16

WARNING!
This may be disturbing to some readers!

Mary was back for Sunday; I was hoping she wouldn't to be honest. She didn't say anything to me all day. Fine by me. But I could see she was getting on Damien's nerves. Every time I walked over or even looked at him, she would grab his arm and pull him away. Like, I just wanted to ask him to go get something from the shop for Kristine. And other stuff, from last night. But every time I thought about it my face would go warm.

I ended up having to go to the shops. Which is fine, I was rather salty though, Damien said he'd come to work to see me but stayed with Mary all day. Though she did keep cutting him off every time he opened his mouth.

I needed to get some brown sugar. It wasn't even for cakes Kristine just has it with her coffee, and there was none left.

There was a small jingle as I opened the door, it was a small corner shop about ten minutes away from the coffee shop. "HAIYA!! Welcome-" I jump, and I mean literally jump. A young woman practically skids round the corner in front of me, she looked familiar, Oh... "Oh my god. ROBIN!!!" I stumble backwards as Sean throws herself onto me.

She holds the sides of my arms and pushes me away, looking either side of me. Is she looking for Damien? "He isn't here," I laugh awkwardly. She lets go and smiles.

"Why're you here!?" She asks. I could ask her the same thing.

"Picking up something for my manager." She starts jumping excitedly.

"YOU WORK ROUND HERE!?" I nod trying to calm her down.

"Maggy, will you shut up! You're way too loud." She stops and glares at a can of beans. The voice was coming behind it, I walk over to see a middle-aged man crouched on the floor, he reeked of booze.

"Ignore him, he's a grumpy fart." He grumbles in response to her; she didn't care, and she pulls me back toward the door. "Wacha need?"

"Brown sugar." She nods then runs off. I don't move from where I'm standing, I don't know if she'd let me to be honest. "Here ya go." She comes running round the corner again, nearly slipping but regaining herself quickly. She shoves a medium bag of brown sugar. "You can keep it if you let me come see where you work."

"I rather pay to be honest." She pouts to me saying that.

"She'll follow you regardless kid." I sigh and rub the back of my head.

"Fine." She starts squealing and drags me out the door, "Wait aren't you working right now?"

"Bye old fart!!" He didn't care his worker just left work. What?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was meant to be a ten minuet walk turned into twenty almost. Sean, or well Maggy, kept getting distracted. She made me stop so she could watch a snail slip up a drainpipe. Or stopped to look at the lighting of the sun through leaves. Any time I tried to continue she would grab my shirt and make me wait.

"Got yourself a girlfriend Loid?" I look up from the third tree leaf shadows. Mary. Great.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" She gave me a puzzled look before laughing.

"Work ends in like fifteen minutes, Kristine is going nuts looking for you." Shit. I notice to girls with Mary, must be her friends she ditches her boyfriend for.

"Did you ditch Damien again." I felt Sean's hand twitch at the mention of his name, I turn around confused, she was staring at Mary.

"Bleh, you look gross," Sean says casually. Mary's face turns red.